Our client is one of the well known supermarkets in Bahrain, as they are currently looking to hire a Household Category Supervisor Bahrain.
The Main Purpose of the Position:
The Household Category Supervisor is responsible for receiving stock (non-damaged stock only) from suppliers (local and foreign) and delivering to the Market branches according to orders, managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, staffing, and other operational processes to company standards, and will be accountable for profits and losses made in each market as well as the overall section.
Furthermore, you will be required to develop plans and strategies and implement all marketing and promotional campaigns and responsible for sales and profit margins, quality of products, display in the branches ensuring standard display throughout all branches, competitive pricing, availability and full variety, controlling inventory, reducing wastage and, staff evaluation and training.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures, health & safety regulations and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
• Knows and Adheres to Quality Standards for customer service
• Responsible for the daily operations of the category across all branches and delegating work
• Ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading and storage of products
• Utilize the space allocated for the section in each branch in a well-studied and beneficial manner
• Achieve key performance indicator targets: sales, gross margin, net margin, etc.
• Establish and coordinate the commercial relationships with the key suppliers (local and foreign where applicable)
• Conduct systematic branch visits to ensure the product quality, merchandising and other tasks
• Manage stock levels and make decisions related to ranging, product and price offering
• Manage the transportation and delivery schedules ensuring full availability and variety of items at all times
• Ensure all items delivered to branches are adequate and good for sale to the customers
• Reduce damages and wastage amount in a way that does not affect sales
• Ensure all damages returned from branches and sent to store according to company procedures
• Support all sale activities within the market and plan for seasonality
• Coordinate the execution of approved advertising programs and promotional campaigns
• Identifying and exploring new opportunities and avenues for expansion
• Maintaining detailed knowledge of the company s products
• Track sales and inventory for all products and manage product inventory to avoid obsolete, overstock and out of stocks
Minimum job specification Requirement:
• Excellent interpersonal skill.
• Able to multi-task and use initiative.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Microsoft Office proficient especially Word and Excel.
• Demonstrate good communication skills and excellent people/social skills.
• A positive attitude.
• Excellent team worker.
• Able to effectively time manage and meet deadlines.