Role: HR Business Partner – Frontline/Retail
Location: Abu Dhabi
The role holder will be the interface between the Retail business and HR. S/he will be responsible for formulating and delivering the relevant HR people agenda in partnership with stakeholders, creating an effective, efficient organization where line management capability and the maximization of performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction with Group Retail Banking.
Partnering with relevant Retail Heads and other senior managers, functional partners and stakeholders, the role holder will drive and enable sustainable business performance. S/he will need to manage and enable people processes, ensuring levels of capabilities and performance are aligned with current and future business requirements and also deliver appropriate and relevant HR advice, ensuring that this is in line with the overarching business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite.
In addition, the role holder will partner with peers and teams within the HR function to deliver the people agenda for the Retail Bank, building highly effective partnerships within the function and beyond.
Reports direct to : Global Head, HR/CHRO
Key Accountabilities of the role
• In partnership with business and HR stakeholders, develop and agree the people priorities that enable sustainable performance and growth of the agreed business remit
• Partner with the relevant managers and other stakeholders to execute the people agenda to drive business performance and engagement.
• Create an effective operating rhythm between business stakeholders and HR, where maximizing performance and engagement is at the heart of every interaction in order to enhance capability and mitigate people-related risks.
• Ensure consistent delivery of the relevant people agenda through building effective working relationships with relevant HR teams and colleagues
• With the HR teams, coordinate agreed people themes and processes (e.g. change management, employee relations, performance, reward, Emiratization, resourcing and talent) and translate these into the business to ensure level of capabilities and performance satisfy current and future requirements
• Deliver appropriate and relevant HR advice to line managers and staff, ensuring alignment to business strategy, governance processes and risk appetite
• Identify, prioritise and build organizational capabilities, processes and behaviours to drive business performance
• Continuously assist the business in the review of the relevant operating model and structure to align theses with the overall business strategy, using all available data to assess and improve effectiveness and cost efficiency
• Proactively form credible relationships to influence relevant decision-making.
• Support, engage and coach relevant stakeholders in configuring and deploying people policies and processes to drive business performance and engagement.
• Act as a change agent and key enabler to help drive specific change initiatives with stakeholders and wider teams.
• Drive and coordinate ad hoc projects and deliverables that relate to the people agenda of the business
• Collaborate with relevant HR stakeholders on all people related matters across the business to drive consistency of processes and messages.
• Represent and champion HR in all interactions with business stakeholders, and in turn represent the relevant business priorities to the wider HR community as well as providing insight and context into HR products, processes and deliverables
• Continuously contribute to the improvement of operational efficiency and effectiveness of HR processes as they relate to the business - including effective partnering with relevant HR specialist areas to enable broader improvements.
• Ensure effective management of operational risks within the role remit and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
People and Talent
• Lead by example, building the appropriate culture and values, using effective leadership, coaching and engagement.
• Set appropriate tone and expectations and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including risk and control partners.
• Support stakeholders to employ, engage and retain high quality people, with particular focus on UAE nationals
• Develop and embed a high performance culture with specific focus on capability, effectiveness and productivity.
• Work with stakeholders to develop local talent to ensure a high quality succession pipeline at all levels
• Understand the risk and control environment in HR’s area of responsibility, driving rectification, as required
• Understand and help manage the people-related risk profile of the business, including operational and reputational risks
• Provide support to resolve complex employee relations issues
• Ensure effective processes are in place to identify, manage monitor and report risk.
• Embed the Bank’s values and code of ethics, as it relates to the role remit, to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees from part of the culture.
• Engage with relevant audit report findings across the business as they relate to people matters, and ensure feedback is acted upon.
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge Required for this role:
• Engaging presentation skills
• Good communication and rapport building skills
• Project management skills
• Team player
Previous experience required (if any)
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant qualifications, preferably in HR or broader business management
• Combined HR experience of 10+ years, with a proven track record of HRBP work experience across fast-paced and meritocratic business environments – financial services experience an advantage
• Relevant experience and track record in HR and associated competencies (Compensation and Benefits exposure would be a plus)
• Fluency in English (Arabic a distinct advantage)
• CIPD qualified or association with other professional bodies desirable