Lead on and manage all aspects of Human Resources within assigned school. Manage and oversee the implementation and compliance with GEMS Human Resources policies, procedures and systems. Provide expertise, support and advice in the various Human Resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, performance management, Employment Law and employee relations.
• Manage all day to day operations of the Human Resources school office. Manage and oversee Human Resources policies, procedures and systems to ensure consistency and compliance.
• Advise and support Principal, management and staff on KSA Labour law regulations and compliance. Be a source of expertise within school on issues relating to Employment Law, HR Policies and Human Resources best practice.
• Support Principal in managing Employee Relations issues - with support from Corporate HR as required - including performance issues, disciplinaries, grievances and terminations. Ensure employee relations issues are handled effectively in accordance with KSA Labour Law and GEMS Policy to mitigate risk to company and ensure quality HR provision within school.
• Prepare employment contracts and maintain all personal files of employees in coordination with the PRO and Ministry of Labour/Education requirements and in accordance with GEMS Compliance guidelines and audit criteria. Participate in HR Audits and lead on responsibility for Action Plan to address areas for improvement in Compliance
• Support and communicate effectively with new employees during the pre-hire onboarding period to ensure a smooth and effective joining process.
• Design and conduct new employee orientations to explain school and HR policies, benefit programs, code of conduct, etc.
• Administer and explain insurance benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Support employees with insurance related and medical issues.
• Monitor attendance and absence levels and report/escalate issues to Principal. Ensure consistent and transparent approach in handling attendance, leave and absence in school.
• Responsible for recruitment of non-Education roles in school including admin, front of house, IT, finance and operations. Manage end to end recruitment process including advertising (internal and external), shortlisting and interviewing in accordance with GEMS Recruitment SOPs.
• Assist and prepare statistical summaries and reports for school and GEMS Corporate Office.
• Provide support to the wider GEMS HR network as required and participate actively in HR meetings and training. Support other HR Officers within the group.
About Your Benefits
Competitive tax free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.