Responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
• Ensures all personnel records and employment contracts are complete and up to date at all times
• Ensures all HR policies and practices are aligned with local labor laws and reflect best practices and keep CD informed of new developments that may impact operations. Formulate and recommend HR policies whenever needed
• Leads Professional Development of staff by identifying needs highlighted in annual performance evaluations, selecting appropriate training courses, and tracking use of PD budgets
• Assist managers in taking disciplinary decisions related to staff performance or behavior
• Assist managers in developing position descriptions for current and/or new staff.
• Bridging employees and management relations by addressing demands andor issues
• Manage the recruitment and selection process, including ensuring job descriptions are accurate, interviewing candidates, checking references, preparing new hire files and obtaining relevant approvals
• Coordinates on-boarding and orientation of new employees.
• Maintains a thorough and accurate soft and hard file records, including Vista HR system, Deltek, and other internal IT systems
• Leads payroll process for all staff and payment of Independent Contractors, with support from local and Regional Finance teams.
• Responsible for ensuring all employee benefits are accurately managed, including local health insurance and calculation/ payment of CNSS affiliations on a quarterly basis
Security & Premises
• Supervise safety and security, ensuring that all appropriate precautions are in place and alerting the CD to any potential problems in safety and security systems (personnel, physical systems, or other) or their performance
• Supervise the security guards and report any misbehavior to the security company.
• Periodic monitoring of security cameras and report any technical issues to the IT department.
• Ensures the premises are safe, clean, and in good working order at all times, coordinating with the CD if maintenance or repairs are necessary
Administration & Procurement
• Assist the CD in making sure that all client, leases, facilities, or other service contracts are legal and in appropriate form. Manage all contract documents including but not limited to the following: insurance documents, maintenance, cleaning, and security.This includes managing timely contract renewals following AMIDEAST procurement regulations.
• Assist the CD in ensuring that all Tunisian laws and regulations are met across the operations of AMIDEAST Tunisia
• Maintain organized and easily accessible files for all contracts, whether related to personnel, clients, facilities, or other
• Manages the Procurement team, ensuring that the organization is compliant with all rules and regulations and that the procurement team is adequately trained and is consistently providing the organization with Best Value For Money.
• Master s degree in management or relevant discipline
• A minimum of 7 years experience in managing an HR department or operations for an international company or organization
• Thorough understanding of Tunisian Labor law and regulations
• Written and spoken proficiency in English - minimum TOEIC score of 800
• Written and spoken fluency in both French and Arabic
• Experience with performance management for staff, including evaluations, goal-setting and creation of professional development plans
• Highly proficient use of Office 365 and familiarity with other commonly used IT applications
• Excellent organizations skills (e.g time management, team management, and resources management)
• Superior commitment to ethical leadership, confidentiality, and professionalism.
• Experience managing a team of both locals and expatriates, including obtaining work permits, patentes, and other legal requirements
• Demonstrated excellence in negotiating contracts for products and services, and otherwise managing a high-quality and professional office space