UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Human Resource Business Partner reporting to the Director, Human Resource Business Partner.
Reporting to the Director, HR Business Partner, the HR Business Partner provides human resources consultation and support to designated business units. Uses knowledge of various human resources functions, including workforce planning, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations to provide tactical HR support to line managers.
To be the front line interface between HR and the departments developing an aligned HR business partner that drives the delivery of business objectives across a division.
Consults with departmental heads in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support the department s business needs. Works closely with the HR Centers of Expertise and acts as a liaison for all HR matters.
The HR Business Partner in conjunction with the Director, HR Business Partner assess and diagnoses root cause issues and develops relevant solutions to address identified issues, themes, and/or gaps and partner with key resources (internally and externally) to deliver highly effective solutions which directly support and drive necessary business outcomes.
This position is accountable for developing the annual people plan for the assigned functions, that support the achievement of organizational objectives. In consultation with Senior Leaders, the role will provide support on workforce issues that are essential to NYUAD.
• Responsible for developing and delivering the annual People Plan for the designated departmental unit(s). To understand the priorities and needs of the department working with the department head, Director, HR Business Partner and Deputy CHRO, Employee Relations, Learning & Engagement to develop and implement innovative, people centric strategies and initiatives which help drive the needs of the university forward
• To act as an internal consultant, facilitating, coaching and mentoring department heads and managers to deal with people issues and to build internal capability, leveraging on the knowledge and experience of the HR Centers of Expertise
• Provide consistent, proactive, pragmatic and sound employee relations advice that are consistent with HR policies and applicable employment laws on day to day employee relations sensitive issues in an effort to reduce/eliminate workplace disruptions and problems. Counsel supervisors and employees on preventing and resolving routine to increasingly complex employee relations matters; mediate disputes, direct disciplinary matters in consultation with Employee Relations and refer employees for assistance, as appropriate
• First point of contact for organizational change initiatives, helping identify areas for continuous improvement and transformation opportunities supporting their effective delivery and reporting on the impact in conjunction with Director, HR Business Partners and Deputy CHRO, Employee Relations, Learning and Engagement
• Advising department heads on the development and implementation of workforce planning that meets the goals of the university that delivers the service requirements of each initiative in a consistent manner, maximizes utilization and optimizes cost. Develop robust solutions which ensure continuous improvement. Ensure that the performance management principles are endemic throughout the resource planning organization, thus maximizing performance
• Provide expert input across a range of HR issues (generalist / specific expertise) to include Talent Acquisition, Learning & Organizational Development and Compensation & Benefits
• Develop quarterly departmental workforce data and metrics identifying and highlighting trends and recommending business focused solutions and initiatives which support informed decision making and drive organizational performance and effectiveness
• Lead and engage in HR working groups involved in the development of promotion of HR policy, procedures, operational efficiency, manpower cost utilization (projects/studies) and service improvements initiatives