HV Subsea Cable Expert Owners Engineer
Location : UAE
Salary : Permanent / Fixed Term. Very Competitive
Start: April 2021
Role : Subsea HV Cable, HVDC, Project Management, Electrical Design
My client is an international engineering and consulting firm with offices, customers and projects across Europe, Middle East and SE Asia. We are currently recruiting HV Subsea Cable Expert to be responsible for leading all phases of a high voltage AC and DC cable systems projects in a offshore subsea environment.
As a subsea cable expert and engineer, you will be accountable for implementing and delivering large cable projects, coordinating and directing the project team members in order to support the clients in their project development efforts from design to commissioning. This is a long term assignment based in the Middle East.
• Develop and review all HV cable systems specifications and design with a focus on performance requirements in subsea environments
• Identify and compare other external solutions for offshore, subsea cable systems.
• Complete FEED and detailed design of cable systems working closely with cable suppliers and installation contractors.
• Identify subsea and underground installation requirements
• Provide expert input into technical and commercial specifications and negotiations for supply, installation and maintenance contracts
• Lead the project and client team engagement, ensuring good coordination with all stakeholders on the cable projects from design, manufacturing, install and handover.
• Prepare regular progress reports and presentations to customer
• Visit sites as required
• Experience in design, manufacturing, construction and/or operations of large electrical systems, emphasizing subsea cable systems
• Previous experience working in an Owners Engineer role for Consultancy or Developer
• Master s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a similar position
• Excellent knowledge of technical specifications for high voltage / offshore (AC and DC) cables to 525kV
• Knowledge of EU tendering procedures for EPC contracts such as FIDIC
• Knowledge of International Standards for subsea cables, cable protection systems and the associated components
• Proven ability to work on complex technical projects as well as leading multidisciplinary and culturally varied teams in international projects
• Must be fluent in English plus ideally another European language.
If you want to grow your international experience and lead complex cable projects for a growing engineering contractor apply asap with your CV to Curtis.firstname.lastname@example.org or simply call on +44 (0)20 74481100