Responsible for maintaining functioning heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration-related control systems at a client site(s).
Perform diversified installation, operation, inspection, preventive maintenance, and repair duties for the following areas: Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning, Refrigeration, Related control systems
Roles & Responsibilities;
• Estimates time and materials on work orders, and ensures work fits within schedule as assigned by Senior HVAC/R Technician.
• Operates HVAC/R equipment and performs adjustments to optimize functionality.
• Installs, maintains, and routinely inspects HVAC/R equipment.
• Identifies malfunctions and repairs HVAC/R equipment.
• Troubleshoots and resolves HVAC/R building automation systems and controls problems.
• Revises mechanical drawings and other documentation as is necessary.
• Follows established preventive maintenance schedules and protocols.
• Maintains a safe work environment through application of established safety procedures.
• Follows emergency response processes and procedures.
• Receive work orders and coordinate work to fit daily schedule assigned by Lead HVAC Technician.
• Estimate time and materials required on work orders.
• Maintain the facility heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and related control systems.
• Respond to calls from facility departments requesting immediate assistance for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration problems.
• Perform preventive maintenance on related equipment assigned by the Lead HVAC Technician.
• Have necessary stock and tools in order to maintain, repair, or replace malfunctioning equipment.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition following all prescribed regulations.
• Coordinate with other departmental employees on diversified work projects.
• Install air conditioning, refrigeration, temperature, humidity control systems and accessories.
• Make daily rounds of building and related equipment as assigned by Lead HVAC Technician.
• Know current EPA Regulations regarding refrigerants.
• Respond to emergency call-in situations.
• Report any complications on specific jobs or equipment. Consult HVAC Lead Technician if unsure of action to take.