Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
HVACR Technician - Master HVAC License
The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Refrigeration (HVACR) Technician will be assigned to one of four locations in Iraq. This position reports to the HVACR Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation
• Report to and receive assignments, instructions, and direction from the Lead HVACR Tech, HVACR or Site Supervisor.
• Read and interpret instructions and documentation and plans work activities.
• Move materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
• Maintain, repair, and replace or installs a broad range of HVACR equipment and support systems for embassy operation and maintenance activities.
• Complete records, maintain tools and equipment, and perform various clean-up activities.
• Be responsible for the servicing and repairing environmental-control systems using their knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, structural layout, and troubleshooting
• Mount compressor, condenser units, air handler using hand tools following blueprint, engineering specifications and manufacture recommendations.
• Repair and fabricate ductwork using sheet metal hand tools and shop fabrication equipment.
• Measure, cut, and assemble PVC and copper tubing and fittings, including braze/soldering copper/copper, copper/brass, and copper/steel.
• Connect blower motors (1/4-70hp), compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and connect control panels to power source.
• Troubleshoot and replace defective breaker controls, contactors, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units using electrician s hand tools.
• Install, repair, replace, maintain, troubleshoot, and service air conditioners, condensing units, air cooled chillers and air handlers, including filters.
• Work independently, be self-motivated, delegate assignments, responsibility and direct subordinates to meet schedules and objectives.
• Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
• Perform other duties and activities as directed.
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
• DX experience on larger units (5-100 tons). Must have hands-on experience with repairs, troubleshooting, and maintenance on these types of systems.
• Five (5) years experience in Operations and Maintenance services.
• Five (5) years experience in physical plant and building operations of large facilities.
• Two to five (2-5) years experience related to HVAC.
• Two to five (2-5) years experience in overseas work.
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and prepare daily reports and work orders.
• Education: A high school diploma or GED.
• Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers license from Home of Record.
• Security Vetting: Must possess an active DOD or DOS Secret security clearance and maintain eligibility for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills.
• Citizenship: US Citizenship is required.
• Medical: Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
• Completion of an Apprentice program with a Journeyman Certificate; or Universal HVAC/Refrigeration Certificate; or AAS degree in HVAC/R from a two year accredited college, and/or equivalent field experience preferred: Equivalent experience in a trade related field, that is; electrical, plumbing, construction, which would apply to the HVAC Trade.
• Relevant overseas HVAC experience preferred.
• Strongly preferred is extensive experience with air cooled chillers with screw compressors.
• Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
• Experience working with PAE.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting HVCA functions at an overseas facility.
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Expert computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.