Capital Health operates two healthcare facilities with further developments underway in the region; The Specialized Rehabilitation Hospital (SRH) a specialty hospital that provides acute and long-term rehabilitation care, along with inpatient, outpatient and Home Health Rehabilitation; and Health Shield Medical Center - a multi-specialty healthcare facility and a one-day surgery with state-of-the-art Operating Theaters. Capital Health also manages the clinic at the Ministry of Presidential Affairs, Abu Dhabi.
The Infection Control Practitioner will manage and coordinate infection control activities. The Infection Control Practitioner will be responsible for conducting epidemiologic/surveillance programs in departments and areas related to patient care activities. The ICP will conduct on-going surveillance using Centre of Disease Control infection criteria, documentation and investigation of nosocomial infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation request and post-discharge surveillance.
The Infection Control Practitioner will also be responsible for the development and administration of efficient and professional operations of occupational health services in accordance with SRH policies, practices, procedures, and applicable regulations to achieve the desired goals and objectives. Assists with all aspects of health services staffing, competency, processes, customer service, and quality improvement
• Graduate of BSc Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
• DOH/ HAAD Licensed
• valid BLS
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical protocol, procedures, and standards within the area of nursing expertise and commitment to Evidence-Based Practice.
• Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Up to date knowledge of Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate programs of care appropriate to the age of the patients in his care