In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day
• implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including
• sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance
• Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
• Implementing as planned, the correct clean and dirty flows inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of hand washing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
• Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents.
• Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
• As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating in and supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
• Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
• Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information & recommendations for the monthly medical reporting
More than 3 years