1. JOB PURPOSE
To oversee the IT infrastructure operations and to manage the SLAs on various IT Operations such as Mail, Fileserver, Internet, Network links and Datacenter availability. Forecasting operational capacity requirements, managing crisis situations, identifying risks and implementing mitigation plans.
2. KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To provide sustained and smooth operations.
• To provide Infrastructure availability as per SLA, without degraded performance of IT Infrastructure services
• To act and take pro-active measures on mitigating key risks affecting IT Infrastructure.
• Provide all Operational and MIS reports on time with quality and due diligence
• Ensure respective domain leads to deliver their KRAs.
• Suggest and implement best practices (process, technology and procedures) for operational efficiency.
• Implement cost saving initiatives on all the domains and show the results on quarterly basis.
• To provide high end user experience on all IT Infrastructure services.
3. CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
• Good knowledge on Datacenter, Wintel, Network, Security and Database domains.
• Knowledge on ITIL COBIT Process & ISO 20000
• Good written and verbal communication at all levels of management.
• Client engagement and SLA management
• Team leadership skills and managing large team of 25+
• Good in Analytical, logical and lateral thinking.
4. COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: IT team, All Agency IT Team Managers, Application owners and other department managers.
External: Vendors, Application vendors, and other Government authorities and entities.
5. FRAMEWORK, BOUNDARIES AND DECISION-MAKING
Manage and supervise all domain leads and engineers, handle crisis and escalation management
6. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 10+ years experience in IT, experienced in multiple domains (Datacenter, Network, Systems, Security and Database).
• Must have worked in heterogeneous environment and handled large network infrastructure (Multiple remote sites with minimum of 4000 users).
• Must have exposure in managing multiple datacenters in different locations.
• Good understanding on various technologies. (Windows OS, Database, Backup technologies, network and security).
• Good Communication, Presentation, Decision making and People management skills