• Monitor and report compliance with P & IDs, Isometric drawings, codes, standards and procedures; all fabrication, installation, erection and testing processes of process piping (Metallic & Non Metallic) and Plumbing activities.
• Ensure piping installation and test procedure(s) are followed.
• Ensure installation of piping is in compliance with isometric drawings and code requirements with respect to; material, alignment, supports, valve type, valve orientation, heat trace, insulation, marking, tapings, take offs.
• Verify proper size and schedule of pipe, rating of flange face and fittings.
• Ensure satisfactory identification of materials, proper protection of piping and fittings.
• Ensure adequate valve access for operability and maintenance.
• Ensure operation of flange management system to include correct flange class, flange type, alignment, gasket, orifice plate, bolts, washers, nuts, bolt torque, use of insulation kit.
• Responsible for quality control & inspection of piping fabrication activities.
• Line checking and clearing the punch items before the pressure test on completed pipelines.
• Checking the piping materials as per codes and process standard specifications. Inspection of shop fabrication of piping spools and supports.
• Performing Welding/Bonding/Lamination Inspection.
• Visual inspection of plant piping and preparing Punch list after installation.
• Perform inspection on erection and installation of prefabricated pipe lines. Checking of Material take off list. Review pressure test packages as per P&ID, Isometric drawings, test limit drawings and all related documents and witnessing pressure/leak testing.
• Line check prior to pressure test, ensuring provision of additional supports when required, spring hangers are locked, instruments, orifice plates and equipment are isolated or removed, blind flanges are correctly rated and certified, valves removed or isolated, vent and drain valves installed.
• Prepare punch list prior to pressure test, categorize items, ensure all A-items cleared prior to pressure test.
• Witness pressure test, ensure gauges and recorders are within valid calibration, inhibitors in use as required by specification, line flushed, vented and filled. Monitor pressure and sign off records.
• Prepare final punch list of outstanding actions/items, categorize and monitor clearance.
• Inspect line reinstatement, drain, dry and preservation and sign off records.