Fuelling the business of fun.
Not just a game changer, it s a life changer. Designed to deliver a superior guest experience, the software solutions platform is a complete integrated solution made to enable business owners to achieve greater operational efficiency while reducing costs and increasing profitability.
With Embed s platform, a business (single or multi-location) has real-time visibility and control across the entire operation: a full range of games management, real-time prize inventory, from guest party planning and bookings via mobile to integrated point-of-sales, including bundles and upsell packages, self-recycling game card kiosks and so much more. And it is all interconnected.
We have offices across the globe: USA, EMEA and Asia. With more than 1,000 customers and over 3,000 installations in 56 countries, we are equipped and ready to empower Family Entertainment businesses with direct sales, services and support anytime, anywhere.
We are in the business of fun and no one takes fun more seriously than us, which is why we put our people at the heart of everything we do, and how we do it. Get inspired because no one s having more fun than us.
The Installation and Project Manager is a key member of the Pre-Sales and Customer On-Boarding process. For this role, you will ensure the planning and delivery of projects and installations by developing and managing the scheduling of installations, project timelines, project tasks, and resource planning and work directly with internal teams, distributors, and customers to drive a successful implementation of the included scope. You will create and execute project plans and use project management methodologies to guide team members in achieving the project and installation deliverables and you will identify program risks, document project deviations, and implement corrective actions to deliver projects and installations successfully on-time and on-budget.
For this role, you will develop relationships and build rapport quickly with distributors and customers. In addition, you will investigate and utilise your troubleshooting skills in resolving customers technical and non-technical queries. For this, you will rely on your critical thinking skills using facts and analytics to not only fix problems but also to implement workarounds and offer suggestions for change and continuous improvement.
In addition, you will lead by example, supervise, mentor, and coach Installation Specialists, resolve customers' issues through the escalation process, and play a critical role in the development of the department's competencies and training needs.
• Create and execute project plans, monitor progress, identify/manage risks, document project deviations, and implement corrective actions to closure
• Collaborate with Sales and Operations to agree upon the installation schedule and initiate/create project deliverables and milestones
• Maintain relationships and communication with executives and all stakeholders on all aspects of the project and installation
• Communicate proactively with customers on all aspects of the project and installation using clear, professional, and effective communication
• Collaborate with Global Project and Installation Managers to determine Installation KPIs and drive team activities to meet KPIs and identify areas of improvement
• Collaborate with Global Project and Installation Managers to benchmark, pioneer, and set the standard for best in class installations
• Project and Installation P&L responsibility including forecasting and budgeting of departmental and project headcounts and installation and travel rates
• Leverage all approved internal knowledge base to deliver up to date service to our customers
• Depending upon the region, own Installation tickets, including ticket creation, update, escalation and escalation notes, resolution, and closure
• Create, document, and share technical procedures and knowledgebase articles for the overall improvement of the department's competencies and continuous learning
• Lead, mentor, and coach Installation Specialists and team members through difficult tickets and installation issues
• Lead team members and ensure departmental procedures are communicated and followed
• Available and on-call to resolve customer installation issue escalations
• Communicate with customers and set expectations throughout the escalation process
• Maintain up-to-date awareness in the latest hardware and installation applications and share ideas with Global Functional Owners to improve performance, reliability and functionality of products and services
• Comply with confidentiality and license agreements
• Subject Matter Expert in pioneering and maintaining customer and partner relationships
• Responsible for self-developing skills and technical knowledge on existing and new products and features
• Recruit, hire, train, lead, supervise, and develop a great team of Installation Specialists
• Contribute to the development of the department's competencies and training needs
• Prioritize all escalations based on business needs and customer impact
• Use operational analytics to drive Installation process improvements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Expert ability in project management and line management
• Excellent customer service and communication skills both written and verbal
• Expert ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical customers
• Expert ability to build strong relationships with customers and with team members
• Expert ability to balance time among multiple activities, such as responding to customer enquiries, scheduling of projects and resources, coordinating installation, etc.
• Expert ability to delegate tasks and meet deadlines
• Expert level of troubleshooting, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
• Expert level of internal and external conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Depending upon the region, expert level of understanding and experience working with Windows OS, SQL, networking, TCP/IP, .NET and PCI Compliancy requirements
• Continuous improvement mindset and preparedness for new approaches and solutions to enhance the Customer On-Boarding process
• Demonstrate good judgement using facts and analytics
• Highly organized and efficient with strong attention to detail
• Expert ability to understand and learn complex technical topics quickly
• Expert ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated with a passion for customer service and IT and the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
• Handle customers with patience, tact, and empathy
• Depending upon the region, SQL Server Administration or in-depth database query experience