In order to meet the growing enrollment at the college, CACE seeks two qualified candidates to fill a full-time, multi-year, faculty position in the areas of Multimedia Design and Graphic Design to teach in the baccalaureate programs in Multimedia, Animation Design and Graphic Design on the Abu Dhabi campus starting Spring/Fall 2020.
Applicants must have earned a terminal degree in Multimedia and/or Graphic Design, or a related field and demonstrate a strong record of professional or artistic activity and accomplishments. The successful applicant will have a record of teaching and will be expected to teach both introductory and advanced level courses. Experience with graduate programs would be an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working software knowledge appropriate to Interactive Design, Multimedia Design and Graphic Design. The position requires an interdisciplinary approach and the candidate will have the opportunity to teach courses including: digital video, web design, game design, motion graphics, or motion foundations and general Graphic Design. The candidate s innovative approaches to engaging students in multimedia design and Graphic Design tools and digital skills should be evident within their teaching portfolio statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work. Ability to contribute to key research priorities including new graphics technologies, virtual reality and immersive media will be considered an asset.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
• A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
• Dedication to curricular innovation.
• Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities, and an interest in collaboration.
• A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
• Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
• Willingness to provide service to the University and the College
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on Employment to be directed to the recruitment website.
In addition to completing the online application form, please include the following:
• Cover letter,
• Current Curricular Vitae
• Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
• Statement of scholarly and creative interests
• Sample syllabi
• Copies of the terminal degree and transcript
• The names and contact details of three professional references
• Online portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student outcomes should be provided by hyperlink on your letter or send to Hanan AlGarni
Review of applications will begin immediately and interviews will begin in Spring of 2020.