UOWD is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Instructor Computer Science (Permanent Full Time) with the Faculty of Engineering & Information Sciences. The Instructor position is suitable for applicants who are looking to gain experience to develop their scholarly career.
The position holder is also expected to conduct tutorials and laboratory experiments in the broad areas related to, Computer and Network Security, Cryptography, Ethical Hacking, and general tutorial and labs related to computer science such as programming, algorithms etc.
Essential & Desirable Criteria:
To qualify for this position you must have:
•Minimum qualification includes a Masters degree in Computer security/ Cybersecurity, Computer Science from an accredited institution.
• Teaching experience in Computer labs and tutorials
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
• Fluency in English language (both spoken and written)
• A commitment to Values of Passion, Courage, Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration and Innovation.
• Working knowledge and experience with Computer Organization, Architecture, Networking
• Working knowledge and experience with operating systems: Linux, ubuntu, Windows, IOS, Android
• Knowledge and experience of cloud computing
• Knowledge malware analysis, reverse engineering techniques, Buffer overflow
• Working Knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric cryptology
• Working knowledge of techniques and tools for: penetration testing, web vulnerabilities detection, wireless security, network monitoring, network security, PKI infrastructure, disaster recovery.
• Extensive experience in programming (Assembly language, C/C++, Java, Python, ) and in scripting languages
• Experience with Network Tools NS3
• Experience with VMware, VirtualBox
• Experience with Malware analysis: TrID, Yara Rules, ExifTool, DroidLysis, zipdump, disitool, hash identifier, remunx, ssdeep, ClamAv, bulk_extractor, pyew, PE file analysis, ELF files, xor-kpa, Xor-search, floss, deobfuscation tools
• Experience with RSA, AES, EEC, DES, SHA, MD5
• Experience with Intrusion detection systems, snort
• Working knowledge of Relational and Cloud databases
• Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Spark and other Big data management technologies
Annual Salary ranges between AED 144,000 - AED 156,000.
The successful candidate will enjoy the interaction with a professional and dynamic team of highly respected educators from over 35 different countries and exposure to students from over 120 nationalities.
The University offers an expatriate package, which includes an attractive tax-free salary. The package includes five weeks of paid leave per year, private medical insurance for employee and eligible dependents, life and disability insurance for self, education allowance for eligible dependents and professional development support.