Main Purpose of Role:
• Key Engineering role within the business to lead discipline performance on projects & to provide expert technical design leadership and design assurance on projects as required.
Technical Knowledge and Skills (Discipline Specific):
• Knowledge of basic engineering processes
• Familiarity with international codes, standards and engineering practices
• Must be familiar with all aspects of design from concept to detailed design
• Technical analysis of engineering problems
• Preparation of non-critical engineering design documents
• Preparation of specifications, data sheets, sizing calculations for flow elements, control valve and safety relief valves, technical requisitions, instrument schedule, I/O schedule, Cause and Effect diagrams, logic diagrams, loop diagrams, hook-up diagrams, instrument interconnection diagrams, instrument location drawings, cable routing drawings, bills of material.
• Knowledge in the development of specifications for control and automation systems (DCS, PLC, SCADA, HMI), flow metering skids, on-line analyzers, ESD Systems, fire and gas detection systems, telecommunication and public-address systems, access control systems etc.
• Review of vendor documents and drawings.
• Knowledge of field testing procedures and field test equipment.
• Knowledge of safety instrumented systems and SIL assessment studies and report preparation.
• Must have a ability to prepare engineering deliverables as per company technical competency standards
• B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Instrumentation Engineering from an accredited university with minimum 8 years relevant experience in engineering consultancy or in the Operation and Maintenance.
• Experience in Oil & Gas (eg. ADNOC projects) and specially on Control systems (eg DCS,ESD) is preferred.