Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring to service any of the system components
• Performs pro-active monitoring of network element alarms and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure
• Operation of Network Management System(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis
• Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on a real-time basis.
• Interfaces with functional users as well as remote operations centers in both routine and reactive monitoring situations.
• Maintains logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
• Executes all reporting functions and data input associated with network management
• Monitors security posture of network(s); reports suspected violations to designated authority.
• Coordinates with configuration management and implementation entities to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
• Performs operator level maintenance on all components/assets associated with network management systems
• Respond to and resolve help desk requests
• Able to work through Ticketing tools, Phone, Email or Chat as applicable.
• Escalate issues to senior team members when required.
• Creation of documentation, reporting and trend analysis.
• Ensure notifications to requestors are sent on time and follow-ups are happening as required.
• Should be willing to participate in non-standard working-time models (e.g. shift, call availability etc.
Key skills include:
• Candidate should be able to contribute to the team as an individual and should understand the escalation matrix
• Good analytical troubleshooting skills.
• Adhere to all the technical as well as general process / procedures
• Excellent Knowledge on networking technologies.
• Understanding of networking security concepts and troubleshooting
• Good knowledge in ITSM Process.
• Good knowledge in TCP/IP, routing (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), switching (Ethernet, STP, LACP, VTP) and other network technologies and protocols
• Understanding of 24x7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company s SLA.
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Ability to accurately perform RCA on resolved incidents and problems
MINIMUM Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
• CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNA Security, CCDP or other equivalent certification.
• Experience in network security and managing firewall rules.
• Knowledge of Micro Focus OPENVIEW, Network Node Manager, and or other products like Solar Winds, NagiOS etc.
• ITIL Foundation Certificate v3 is a plus.
• Previous experience with support of Enterprise customers.
SOFT SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to work with related teams in order to achieve SLAs
• Ability to create and maintain documentation and provide relevant reports. This will require good working knowledge of MS word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently with accuracy and minimum supervision
• Solid knowledge of standards and best practices.
• Knowledge of relevant government regulations and ability to maintain compliance to such regulations.
• Excellent command of English is crucial. Good verbal and written skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take initiatives and assist improve the network environment performance and management
• 5+ years of overall experience within network operations of Level 2 or above
• Very good troubleshooting skills.
• Be able to successfully demonstrate proficiency in at least 80% of Technical knowledge requirements and be able to perform at least 80% of Key responsibilities.
• Ability to increase proficiency to 90% within 12 months with some guidance from senior team members.