Investor Relations Associate (English)
SALARY: Dependent upon experience
CATEGORY: Full time
HOURS: Sunday-Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm
REPORTS TO: Senior Management
Inktank Investor Relations (IR) is an investor relations agency for fast-growing emerging market companies. We are 25 writers and analysts, developers and market information specialists who serve exceptional clients across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region in English and Arabic. Our staff is in the trenches with Investor Relations Officers (IROs) day-in day-out, turning management accounts and color commentary into full earnings reports, the musings of CEOs into disclosures and news releases. From briefing to writing, from photography to design and packaging of the final product, we produce a full spectrum of regulatory-compliant investor relations materials needed for a company to tell a clear and compelling story. We are a dynamic and growing company that stands for excellence in strategic corporate communications and advisory.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
– Flexibility: Inktank IR writers love words and work well both independently and as part of a highly- focused team. IR writers are flexible. You may spend the morning on an investor presentation for an automotive client, and then spend your afternoon drafting a speech for a private equity executive, before working on a website for the latest hot IPO.
– Research skills: Throughout, you will use precise, engaging language to clearly express business and finance concepts, whether it’s in an investor release, marketing collateral or works of journalism. The ability to do research, work from a written brief and work from a written or verbal client briefing is a must.
– Numbers skills: As you would expect from a company founded by business journalists, we have a strong preference for journalists, research analysts and anyone else who has strong language and story-telling skills, but who isn’t afraid of terms such as “profit”, “acquisition” or “greenfield.” Our staff loves to dig into the fundamentals of our clients’ business models, including income statements and balance sheets, to find a clear, compelling way to explain complex business and financial concepts to its audiences. The ability to do basic math is a plus.
– Juggling skills (under pressure): When the CEO’s hair is on fire, we’re the people they call. You like to work in a fast-paced environment, because you may be juggling multiple projects – editing client-produced documents, writing a quarterly earnings release, working on the design of a corporate brochure – when your back is up against the wall on a deadline.
– Attention to detail: Accuracy in financial communications is everything. We review all Inktank products multiple times for accuracy of figures, content, industry-specific information, grammar and each client’s house style.
– Discretion: Confidentiality is the cornerstone of all that we do.
– Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business, economics, political science or engineering.
– Language: You have outstanding English language skills. Spoken and/or written Arabic comprehensive skills are a bonus.
Email a cover letter, a CV and (ideally) a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expect to take a writing test if your interview goes well.
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply, but you must have a strong interest in business and finance, outstanding communication skills and the interest to learn on the job while working in a fast-paced environment.
Please note: Your cover letter and clips speak loudest on your behalf. We’re less interested in CVs than we are ability. We will not process applications that do not include at least a cover letter and resume.
Back to top