• Technical Knowledge: Requires in-depth understanding of broad IT concepts, theories, and principles and basic knowledge of other organizational disciplines. Applies broad knowledge of IT operations principles, business drivers, and related areas to impact results. Broad knowledge of various technologies (Windows 10, Windows 7, MS O365, Active Directory, Cisco UCS, Mobile Device Management, Cyber Security, Networking and Connectivity, Server Support, Infrastructure Projects).
• Business Expertise: Applies understanding of the EPCI industry to improve effectiveness, provide guidance and influence processes and policies.
• Leadership: Supervise a team of Level 2 Desktop Support analysts to provide best in class IT service to all functional users. Manage performance of Level 2 services and support to clients while ensuring service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring staff are meeting/exceeding expectations in regard to performance and defined SLA metrics/benchmarks. Train, coach and mentor Desktop Support Analysts (Level 2 & Level 3) including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds/obtains training material for support staff. Manage the employee work schedule and provide backup support. Manage all service desk resources with responsibility for legal and company internal polices compliance of all employees under manager jurisdiction.
• Problem Solving: Ability to solve highly complex, non-routine problems and coordinate troubleshooting efforts from various team into a cohesive solution. Enhanced root-cause analysis skills, with the ability to identify improvement opportunities in the technology stack, suggest improvements to current processes and demonstrated cross functional approach to problem resolution. This includes executing complex Network Infrastructure projects as well as Desktop Support issues. Knowledge of supporting offshore vessels infrastructure is preferred.
• Impact: Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality and timeliness objectives. Guided by policies, resource requirements, budgets, and the business plan. Influences the quality of operations provided by internal and external operations teams. Directly affects customer satisfaction through engagement with customers and by providing transparency into operational outcomes.
• Interpersonal Skills: Build relationships with key functional stakeholders in the business and communicates appropriately with them. Works with senior leadership and management in the business units to communicate issues, resolutions and impact to business, as well as report on Metrics/KPIs. Communications (written and verbal) and presentation delivery skills required. Strong Power Point skills is a must. Ability to develop end user communications and ongoing technology training material is required.
• Service Operations: Responsible for day-to-day service operations including execution of wired and wireless Infrastructure projects and Level 2 Desktop Support needs of the business. This includes providing regular infrastructure maintenance and support, with prompt resolution of issues, off hours support, and compliance with IT governance and processes. Responsibility will also include supporting offshore vessels and related IT infrastructure projects. Additional responsibilities include execution of Windows 7 to Windows 10 migration. Proactively use root cause analysis to increase operational efficiency. Effectively manage third party service providers. Liaise with vendors and application teams to drive the root cause analysis and problem resolutions. Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports to the appropriate audience.
• Sourcing and Supplier Management: Manage and engage with external vendors & internal stakeholders to negotiate contracts and key deliverables of IT assets procurement and services. Direct and oversee vendor work.