The Service Desk Agent is the first point of contact for the users who call IT Service Desk. While providing the highest level of customer service, the Service Desk Agent answers incoming calls, tracks all information in a call tracking system, uses a knowledge base tool along with their expertise to resolve tier 1 requests in a timely fashion. The Service Desk Agent escalates unresolved problem/issues/requests to the proper tier 2 and 3 support team. Troubleshooting basic end user issues on various software applications, hardware, network and telecommunications systems and provide basic desktop support.
• Education Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in IT
• Experience: 4 to 6 years of experience in IT Service Desk support, Prior experience on BMC Remedy may be added advantage
• Work Timings: 7 Am – 4 Pm
• Work Location :Dubai
• Language Proficiency - Arabic
• Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Ability to utilize the applications for Microsoft Office for support, reporting and documentation.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
• Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
• Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations. • Creativity. Ability to think around problems and come up with creative solutions is helpful. • Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Follow standard Service Desk operating procedures; accurately log all Service Desk tickets using the defined tracking software.
• Become familiar with the Systems, Network, Database, Desktop Engineers, programmers, developers, and each team in the IT Department
• Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problem (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician
• Proficiency in required language either in English + Arabic or English
• Knowledge in troubleshooting the end user devices such as laptops, desktops using tools and technologies