First line / second line experience supporting enterprise network hardware (using Cisco products an advantage).
• A strong background in supporting and troubleshooting Networks LAN / WAN and Wireless.
• Good working knowledge of enterprise switches, firewalls, and using the CLI. We don t expect you to build configs or trouble shoot complex issues but you need to have a relevant level of experience for the role such as hardware installations and basic troubleshooting.
• Detailed knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, the OSI 7 layer model, DNS, DHCP, VPNs, HSRP or other high availability solutions
• Understanding of wireless networking in an enterprise environment such as coverage challenges and end user device roaming.
• Understanding of copper and fiber data cabling, e.g. CAT6, single mode and multi-mode fiber optics.
• Working knowledge of Linux from installations, file systems, using text editors such as vi, general Linux CLI commands and Linux systems administration.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft back office technologies. Although most of our Active Directory / ADFS, Mail systems, etc. are managed by a separate team your experience to discuss problems or areas of improvement would be advantageous.
• Project management abilities and technical task execution experience.
• Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability of complex technical issues.
• Essential you have worked in a customer facing role which requires solid technical aptitude, excellent oral communication and written skills to develop clear and concise documentation and to engage effectively with the business at all levels, in different situations.
• Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
• Ability to travel and hold a clean UK driving license
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Vendor certification of the following would be beneficial: Cisco, Linux/Unix System Support, MS Windows System Support - LAN / WAN and Wireless.
• Telecom knowledge including VOIP / SIP and mobile technologies advantageous.
• IT / ICT further education qualification.
• Help Desk / Technical support management experience and some team leading experience would be advantageous.
• Ability to develop the skills needed to support specific Fulfillment Centre Automated Systems.
• Ability to coordinate with remotely based support groups to implement IT changes.
• Proven ability to learn and apply new technology.