Job Title: IT Technician
Responsible for providing day-to-day hands on technical support externally to ASC s end user in areas related to hardware, software, systems, applications & services as well as performing installations, maintenance and troubleshooting in order to ensure all ASC clients requests are handled efficiently.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Policies & Procedures
• Implement the IT Department s set policies and procedures and comply with ASC s other policies.
• Perform regular maintenance of all system software and hardware as per maintenance schedule, etc. to ensure business continuity and minimize the system interruptions based on ASC clients requests.
• Provide Desktop/ Laptop installations, upgrade and maintenance including installation and upgrade of current office applications, operating system, anti-virus software, conducting file backups, etc.
• Set up and configure desktop computers, peripherals and user accounts, assigning security levels, network access, etc.
• Install new hardware and equipment including (printers, Laptops, LCDs etc.) as and when required by the client.
• Follow up and analyze the performance of upgraded systems, keeping track of their performance, reliability, risks and benefits.
• Provide ongoing application support / technical expertise to end users in order to enhance security and availability of applications as well as to support desktop software and hardware troubleshooting.
• Provide one on one assistance to ASC s end user regarding the technical flaw, either by phone, mail or in person.
• Configure and repair of faulty equipment from customers to ensure clients needs are fulfilled and increase their satisfaction level.
• Handle clients incidents and requests according to ASC s agreed procedures as well as ensuring that such incidents are documented in the appropriate form.
• Identify technical issues and escalate ASC clients complex problems to the direct supervisor.
• Execute allotted work within the specified deadlines and maintain records of daily tasks.
• Perform other duties related to the job as assigned by the Direct Manager.
• Prepare and submit progress reports to the direct manager pertaining to incidents and reports related to the areas which require attention as required.