· Bachelors of Engineering or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· Excellent understanding and at least 5 years’ experience of java technologies including:
· JEE multitier development across client, web, business and database tiers
· Core Java
· MVC frameworks such as ADF, Struts, Spring Framework and related modules such as Spring Batch, MVC, Data Access & Security.
· Templating technologies such as JSPs, Freemarker & Velocity
· Object/Relational mapping technologies such as Hibernate
· Web services technologies, techniques and transport mechanisms including REST, SOAP, WSDL, XML and JSON
· Experience developing on application servers such as Tomcat, WebSphere, Weblogic & JBoss
· Databases & SQL skills using Oracle, MSSqlserver, or any equivalent RDBMS that is part of Ministry Database.
· Software development methodologies, agile (agile preferred)
· Unit testing frameworks, e.g. JUnit
· Developing and Integrating application components using Java to meet business requirements
· Understanding and experience of object oriented analysis and design
· Designing, coding and testing of Java Applications that meet design specifications
· Good understanding of overall delivery lifecycle and supporting methodologies and processes like Agile etc.
· Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface)
· Identifying and maintaining configuration changes to applications so that they meet business process requirements
· Implementing all actions required to deploy an application; ensuring that the application meets both technical and business needs
· Maintain, repair and tune Java applications in order to keep them performing according to technical and functional specifications; directing user support activities; managing preventive maintenance activities