upskillable is passionate about building game changing talent engagement, management, and assessment solutions that help organizations find the right talent and the insights needed to make their experiences in the organizations that hire them more rewarding.
We are very passionate about what we are building and are currently seeking talented, passionate, & experienced Team members to join our cross functional product development team. In general, we don t have job titles, and if you are after one, you probably won t enjoy working with us because we have a flat organizational structure in practice as part of how we work. Additionally, as an Agile environment we follow modern development techniques (Scrum / XP / Kanban) and are searching for motivated, passionate, collaborative, and technically strong engineers that love to build technology products and working with other motivated team members and are interested in solving problems, not just playing with the latest technology (we aren t looking for geeks with no business sense). We are looking for some of the best and since we a great deal of our platform deals with assessment, you will be asked to take a personality and technical assessment at the first stage of the interview process.
Less experienced engineers will be expected to know less and we welcome technically savvy male and female candidates with experience writing code on teams large and small to apply.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Real-world experience with Java Springboot or other dynamic development languages.
• Able to code front to back preferred, including HTML, CSS, Angular JS, Springboot
• You MUST be comfortable with front end development in Angular JS, React, or Vue.js
• Demonstrated experience with modern design patterns
• Excellent coding skills following DRY principles, good understanding of security, managing dependencies, persistence, and deployment
• Experience with Test Driven Development preferred
• Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
• Worked on teams that use CI and Continuous Delivery tools (Puppet, Jenkins, Celery, or any other CI tools)
• Experience working on a good Scrum team with some understanding as to why we do what we do.
• Committed to documentation best practices so your code can be consumed in an open source environment.
• Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems.
• Participate in building tools, frameworks, and deploy solutions that enable fellow engineers to be more productive, write better code and test it themselves
• MUST be able to work standard working hours Monday - Friday with GMT 3
• Friendly, supportive, and hard working
• Willing to explain and discuss solutions
• High quality orientation
• Transparent and willing to share bad news to the team
• executes desired business logic
• Is tested
• Is clean and thoughtfully written
• Is efficient
• Is delivered according to commitment (i.e. on time)
• DOESN T take shortcuts that will bite us later
• Conforms to sound practices, is readable, and follows standard conventions
Nice to Have:
• Related technical and other experience beyond anything mentioned
• BS in Computer Science or related field of study
• Experience with popular content management systems
• Arabic speaker
• Good eye for UX