The Area team leader will be the focal point in the specific target location Zliten, specifically taking the lead on the health system strengthening component. With the support of the EPHS Coordinator, and in close collaboration with the MoH he/she will specifically ensure on the job supervision and the roll out of:
• Guideline for EPHS management & supervision
• Supervision Checklist and Reporting Form
• EPHS Scorecard and Dashboard
• HR (Performance) Management Toolkit
• Procedures and forms for referral & counter-referral system
The position is based in Zliten with some trips Tunis. The Area team leader will report to the EPHS Senior team leader.
• Oversee the successful implementation of IRC program activities in the target location. Ensure supervision of IRC s technical mentors in each of the pilot Primary Health Care Center, in collaboration with NCD Consortium Coordinator and that IRC deliverables are met as agreed with the MoH;
• Work closely with IRC health team and MoH staff in monitoring health project activities and results, in the joint pilot sites. Work closely with IRC M&E staff to ensure IRC adherence to internal M&E standards;
• Prepare internal IRC reports and donor reports;
• Work closely with IRC finance staff in the effective management of IRC project resources and preparation of IRC financial reports;
• Cultivate positive and productive relationships with MoH staff at field and managerial levels;
• As requested support IRC concept note and proposal development.
MoH Capacity Strengthening Support
• Guide the mentors to utilize participatory, مستلم-driven assessment tools and prioritization processes to identify health technical support needs and priorities;
• With the support of EPHS Coordinator and MoH managerial staff identify indicators and milestones for technical support and capacity development. Work with MoH to put in place agreed-upon frameworks for delivery and monitoring;
• Ensure ongoing technical assistance to supported pilot sites utilizing in person and remote methods as appropriate. Ensure inclusion of non-classroom methods grounded in adult learning techniques;
• Ensure close collaboration and coordination with NCD consortium Coordinator and MoH managerial staff in all capacity strengthening activities to ensure efficient use of time and resources by trainees;
• In consultation with the EPHS Coordinator and NCD Consortium Coordinator, identify and develop opportunities to support IRC s and MoH mentors in the common pilot areas to contribute to capacity strengthening efforts. Facilitate opportunities for peer learning across participating staff;
• Based on participant feedback, and in collaboration with MoH, identify and support provision of additional support to pilot sites staff as required;
• Ensure wider coordination with other health capacity strengthening actors to prevent duplication and take advantage of synergies;
• collect and analyse data at facility and service level to inform the capacity building efforts.
اداري الموارد البشرية
• Directly supervise IRC s mentors in each of the three pilot site. Clearly set expectations for performance and manage to those expectations.
• Communicate widely and transparently with all staff as appropriate and needed.
• Contribute to the technical and managerial training of IRC s mentors, and MoH health staff (mentoring, على-ال-job sessions as well as formal training).
• Develop staff development plans for project staff based on performance reviews in collaboration with the human resources department and
• Ensure the stated goals and objectives of the project are met with strong monitoring and, evaluation follow up and reports are written and submitted to concerned bodies in a timely manner.
• Work closely with the M&E Manager in the design of robust program s M&E plans
• Participate in the effort to implement DHIS2 tool in the pilot locations, while ensuring comprehensive data collection through the design of complementary data collection tools specifically focusing on migrants health surveillance systems
• Review all reports prepared by the field staff and provide appropriate feedback to the concerned staff.
• Prepare regular reports as required for donors
• Conduct regular project review meetings with field based staff to assess the level of achievement of project targets. Undertake project performance reviews.
• Visit all program sites regularly and provide on-site mentoring to the health staff in the field.
• الطبيب/ممرضة مسجلة-midwife with experience in infectious disease control and/or holding public health qualifications (i.e., Mph, Dr PH, الدكتوراه, الخ), with at least 03 years of experience implementing public health programs in a developing country context. Experience with mental health care and reproductive health programs is an asset.
• Experience of supporting the delivery of capacity strengthening assistance in highly insecure and remote management operating environments;
• Demonstrated experience in actively building staff capacity and nationalization of management roles;
• Excellent training, مهارات التدريب والتوجيه. Training of the Trainer experience preferred;
• Experience of working successfully in projects with multiple team members;
• Strong facilitation skills and experience of developing facilitation skills in others;
• Strong relationship management skills;
• English spoken and written fluency, including report writing skills. Arabic language skills preferred;