The (Senior Finance Officer Budget & Reporting) assists the (Finance Manager -Budget & Reporting) by managing the day-إلى-day budget and grants management function. Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Officer makes sure the budget and grants management issues are immediately attended and that the donor budgets are prepared in accordance to IRC and donor requirements and are submitted on time. بالإضافة, هو/she will ensure that grants are fully implemented in compliance to donor regulations and IRC requirements and donor reporting is on time. He or she will develop budget management tools and conduct trainings to improve efficiency and donor reporting and compliance.
Country Office Annual Operating Budget
• Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, The Sr. Finance Officer will assist in preparing the Fiscal year Budget following the IRC standard format to meet the required deadlines.
• Ensure regular update of the Fiscal year budget that will serve as a guide for all new donor proposals as well help in times of rapid growth, decline of program to inform timely management decisions.
• Provide recommendations for funding shortfall or coverage for each component of the fiscal year budget.
New proposal Development
• The Sr. Finance Officer will prepare new budget under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
• Under the guidance of the Finance Manager, conduct a thorough preparation of existing grant budget revisions ensuring that all costs are covered and are not under/over budgeted in addition to correct use of the IRC and donor budget formats.
• Work with the Finance Manager for monthly Shared Program cost Allocation and update the monthly analysis sheet for all SPC accounts.
• Calculate and Insert the correct SPC for all new grants budgets.
Grant Management & Reporting
• Prepare the monthly Budget Versus Actual (BVA) reports and distribute on time.
• Provide monthly analysis for the budgeting and reporting manager on each grant after each month closing in order to give recommendation for the budget holders and to track the grants spending.
• Review the budget spending and advise relevant staff on spending status and ask for feedback on all over/under spending.
• Prepare and update spending plan for all active grants in conjunction with the appropriate budget holders.
• Review and update the commitments lists from SC, Admin& HR to be included in monthly BvA s.
• Participate in the monthly Grant review meetings and present the spending status. Follow up on the action points based on the comments from the meeting.
• Attend and provide support in all grant opening, review and closing meetings.
• Provide support and feedback to Operations and Program managers for all questions regarding the BVAs.
• In compliance with donor requirements propose and prepare adjustments entries, attaching all supporting documents for finance records and posting into SUN system.
• Prepare the new budget line coding (T2 codes) for each new grant and update in SUN system.
• Preparing Donor Financial reports for all grants for review by the Finance Controller. Make sure the reports are in compliance to donor reporting formats and timely submitted as per contractual requirements.
• Provide Technical assistance when required to other IRC Country offices
• Update the staff salary mapping, follow up on SPCA table update and propose to FM for review and further approval
• Provide update on grant spending status.
• Provide analysis of grants spending plan vs. actual spending.
• Provide detailed analysis and tables for long term allocation
• Review PRs and advise charge codes.
• have a regular, رأس-إلى-head meetings with Program Managers to make sure they fully understand the budget and that proper action are been taken)
• متابعة / make sure that all budgets are uploaded on the BVA in the correct way and according to donor format
• تحليل, الرصد والإبلاغ/addressing all budget excesses
• Track the spending on SPCA/SPCE lines and provide quarterly analysis for the purpose of any budget amendments or new budgets
• Assist The Budget & Reporting Manager in conducting regular training sessions in Amman and other IRC field offices on Budget Management and donor regulations to Program, Operations and Finance staff.
علاقات العمل الرئيسية:
تقرير الموقع إلى: مدير مالي / الميزانية والإبلاغ
موقف يشرف مباشرة: -
الإبلاغ غير المباشر: -
مراقب مالي, Grants Department, as well other Finance, Program and support unit staff.
External to the Country Office: The Sr. Regional Controller, UK Office, IRC s Program Field Coordinators and Program & Finance staff in other IRC offices managed through IRC Jordan office.
• تعليم: درجة بكالوريوس في المحاسبة, اداره اعمال, Commerce or Finance, or equivalent technical training certificate in Accounting. Approximately 3 5 years of relevant working experience of accounting
• خبره: Working experience on budget preparation, budget management and financial reports will be an added advantage. This job requires strong analytical skills to be able to make logical and strategic budget decision.
• المهارات والقدرات: Must be able to function comfortably in loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks. Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English. الاشراف الجيد, إدارة الوقت والمهارات الشخصية. مهارات الكمبيوتر ممتازة. Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
بيئة العمل: This post will be based in Amman Office