CENTCOM Area of Operations
Ability to obtain (NATO)
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible to conduct electrical inspections and properly assess technical compliance to required applicable Electrical Standards and Codes as directed under the contract Performance Work Statement.
Location for this position is OCONUS in countries located within the CENTCOM AOR and may require work in austere environments and to work in potentially dangerous areas, including a war zone, under working conditions inherent in a dangerous environment.
• Must have in-depth work experience and understanding of NFPA 70 National Electric Code (NEC), and the British Standard 7671, or other internationally recognized electrical regulations, standards, accepted industry practices adopted by the host country, USG, and DoD/USACE.
• Must be able to apply technical standards to new construction, renovations and upgrade existing structures not installed per western building standards.
• Must be fluent with proper installation techniques and display highest level of workmanship. Responsible for supervising journeyman crews made up of a diverse subcontract workforce and responsible for training and providing instruction, and oversight on proper installation methods, standards, regulations, and workmanship.
• Must be capable to assess and classify electrical distribution systems, trouble-shoot and identify circuit faults across a broad range of applications. Knowledgeable of AC theory, VFDs, electrical motors and starters, transformers, step-down stations, residual current devices (RCD), and overcurrent protective devices. Thorough understanding of the safe operation and application of instruments provided for circuit analysis and testing, including power analyzers, ground rod resistance meters, ground fault loop impedance testers, residual current device testers, and similar test equipment used to properly assess ground-earth faults and grounding and bonding install applications comply to the proper codes.
• Must be capable to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, technical instructions, and other technical documentation and plan work activities to include; coordination of movement of materials and equipment to work locations; establish the work site; repair or replace/install a broad range of electrical equipment and systems in support of base construction and maintenance activities.
• Responsible to properly maintain tools and equipment to safe standards and to identify proper materials, suitable for use as required for specific installations, submitting material requisitions and follow-up until delivery on site. Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures (Lock-out/Tag-out), including wearing required PPE and other personal safety equipment and fall protection, as required for each individual task.
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Must be UK national with the ability to obtain a NATO or LAA clearance
• UK Journeyman Electrician equivalent must meet minimum Level 3 NVQ or SVQ Diploma in Installing Electro Technical Systems and Equipment from an accredited organization registered with the Office of Qualifications and Examinations regulation in the United Kingdom.
• At least five (5) years of work experience as a Journeyman Electrician
• Able to inspect to Standards to include: (UFC) 3-520-01, 2010, Interior Electrical Systems, (NFPA) 70-2008, 2017 (NEC) for 60 HZ systems, and British Standard 7671, 17th Edition (BS7671) for 50 HZ systems
• Must be fluent in English
• Valid Passport with at least 6 blank visa pages
• Valid Driver's License valid for at least 6 months prior to current expiration
• Must meet all medical qualifications under the contract and meet other requirements applicable to working in the USARCENT/CENTCOM AOR
Who We Are
About Caliburn Internat ional, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The co mpany's website is www. caliburnintl.com .
This job d escription is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.