Microsoft Word - JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT_JOB DESCRIPTION (2018).doc
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial
department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of
professionals working to maintain order and transparency of the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in accounting principles; able to work
comfortably with numbers with attention to detail; be reliable and flexible.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices.
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations including bank
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other
financial statements according to legal and company accounting and
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with other day-to-day accounting tasks.
- Assist with HR matters and payroll.
- Handle day-to-day financial transactions of the company; issuing of
cheques and petty cash management.
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns.
- Undertake any other specific duties assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (or equivalent).
- Excellent Knowledge in Accounting Software – Peachtree (preferably) /
Tally & MS Office.
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience as an Accountant.
- Dynamic, charismatic and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent English language skills – both written and spoken.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated and energetic team player with a flexible and
adaptable approach to work.