The Junior Electrician performs various maintenance tasks on various equipment and systems in a timely manner. His duty covers all aspects of maintenance starting from inspection, monitoring, troubleshooting, repairing, testing and handover to operations.
• Perform corrective and preventive maintenance tasks as required.
• Perform routine condition based inspections as required.
• Troubleshoot failures on various electromechanical systems.
• Operate various types of equipment, including but not limited: forklifts, pickups, scissor lifts, etc.
• Diagnose problems and analyze failure root cause.
• Fill and update allotted work orders on regular basis in order to keep CMMS data up to date.
• Coordinate on regular basis with CMMS planner during corrective maintenance tasks providing information such as start time, expected completion time, expected delays, required spare parts, additional assistance needed, potential safety risks, completion time prior to closing work order.
• Coordinate with quality control, safety, planning, and warehouse in order to perform all scheduled tasks in a timely manner.
• Assist the Senior Technician in completing the daily PM task list.
• Perform necessary housekeeping after completion of maintenance works ensuring the premises is completely safe and free from any obstacles.
• Coordinate with the warehouse to request, retrieve and return spare parts.
• Request necessary work permit approvals prior starting critical maintenance tasks.
• Maintain all tools and equipment in good working order.
• Take the necessary and mandatory safety precautions before, during and after the execution of tasks including but not limited to:
o Installing the necessary barriers around the work area
o Installing the necessary warning signs
o Wearing the proper PPE
o Using the correct tools
o Thoroughly inspecting the equipment after the completion of the job.
• Testing the equipment before releasing the same to operation.
• Keep the floor space clean and free from obstructions.
• Attend and pass all trainings assigned by the company (Including but not limited to online and refresher training).
• Abide by all key performance indicators set by the company.
• Maintain a clean and tidy work environment by performing regular housekeeping.
• Provide assistance to maintenance and cleaning teams when required.
• Abide by company processes relating to:
o Quality Management
o Safety Management
o Environmental Management
o Complaints Management
o Health Regulations
• Maintain a high level of personal hygiene as per company policy.
• Maintain positive and healthy relationships with colleagues, supervisors, and client representatives.
• Follow the instructions provided by the supervisor.
• Strictly follow all security regulations.
• Up to 5 years of experience as a maintenance Electrician in the industrial sector (manufacturing plants, processing plants, etc.)
• Experience in the installation and repair of various Electrical and electro-mechanical systems including but not limited to:
o Electric motors and gearboxes
o Centrifugal, multi-stage, positive displacement, screw and rotary vane pumps
o Centrifugal, Rotary Screw, reciprocating and axial flow compressors
o Various pneumatic and hydraulic systems including fittings, manual and solenoid valves, check valves, flow and pressure control valves, single and double acting cylinders, etc.
o Various steam applications including boilers, evaporators, heat exchangers, pressure reducing
o Electric Induction motors
o Servo motors, stepper motors, servo-stepper hybrids
o Inductors, coils, and chokes
o Power supplies, generators
o Contactors, relays and timers
o Transformers, stabilizers, diacs and triacs
o Variable frequency drives.
• Experience in grounding.
• Experience In troubleshooting faulty electric panels and control wirings.
• Experience in reading electrical drawings, manuals and work instructions.
• Experience in working in a CMMS environment is a plus.
• Experience in sensors/instrumentation is a plus.
• Welding experience is a plus.
• Minimum 3-year technical diploma in related field from a recognized college.
• Physically fit.
• Clean bill of health (Physical and mental).
• Doesn’t suffer from any chronic disease (including but not limited to: Diabetes, Blood pressure, Heart conditions, etc.).
• Doesn’t depend on continuous medication.
• Good command of English language (speaking, reading and writing).
• Basic understanding of Arabic language is a plus.