Location: Doha, QA
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
Work together with IKEA Food management team and lead and manage the kitchen production team to fulfil the purpose of Food function by building business and people together. Strive to make people smile while providing irresistible food offers in a welcoming atmosphere that gives our guests a good reason to return again and again. Take ownership for ensuring food safety in all parts of the store and train others as appropriate. Lead and manage co-workers to provide irresistible food offers of good taste and quality served in a safe and efficient way.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile. Meet and serve our guests showing empathy and care. Willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
• Lead by example and a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our guests, and give them a good reason to return again and again.
• Always look at our store through the eyes of our customers. Have a daily dialogue with our guests to get continuous feedback about their experiences and to learn more about their needs and wants, then take action based on their input.
• Empower and encourage the team to take immediate action to meet the needs of guests and give input on how to continuously improve our meeting with them.
• Know about the services offered in our store and use this knowledge to help guests. Ensure his team does the same.
• Ensure our guests have a great shopping experience at all times throughout the day.
• Together with his colleagues and manager they contribute actively in the development and implementation of a clear IKEA Food action plan for thestore using the store business plan and country business plan. These are supported by input from Growing IKEA together and the IKEA Food Direction & Strategy. Develop and execute an annual action plan for his area based on agreed goals.
• Actively implement the range matrix (global and national) by securing quality and availability.
• Serve high-volume dishes that suit the taste of the many people on the local market.
• Secure that we prepare all food in line with the product sheet and secure the quality served at all times.
• Actively use the product sheets to train co-workers. Also ensure all coworkers taste and learn about new products before they are launched.
• Secure an irresistible food offer by ensuring we give customers an appealing range presentation.
• Passionate about his products and actively learn about their content, origins, preparation and other benefits. Share this knowledge with his guests and colleagues.
• Ensure that his team and him know the top-selling products, 3 Aces and 1King, and that they are available and clearly communicated and displayedat all times. We promote alternative products when these are unavailable.
• Utilise everyday commercial opportunities to grow sales and profitability according to the goals in his area. Work with the Functional Commercial Review and other appropriate tools to do so.
• During unexpectedly quiet times, initiate commercial activities that attract store visitors and increase the take-up rate, or take other actions to secure productivity.
• Co-operate with the Commercial Restaurant Manager to enhance Swedishness and the link between the IKEA Restaurant & Café and the Swedish Food Market when appropriate.
• Have relevant knowledge of the competition on the market & use this information to initiate immediate action as needed, e.g. secure a substantial price distance.
• Create awareness of IKEA Food as the most important in-store marketing tool for maximising the IKEA store’s sales potential.
Steering the business
• Work actively to make the IKEA store successful and high performing, today and tomorrow by attracting visitors, achieving sales growth and reasonable profitability, ensuring the satisfaction of guests and co-workers, and excellent operational performance as measured through our defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Utilise relevant reporting tools, such as profit and loss, NAVISION, the Functional Commercial Review, IKEA Customer Satisfaction Survey and Growing Together, to develop the IKEA business, himself and his team.
• Challenge costs by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples and encouraging my team and colleagues to discover smarter ways of working.
• Ensure the implementation and follow-up of the SOP rules and guidelines.