We are working with a Tech Giant based in the Middle East, focused on AI and cloud computing that builds and manages cloud computing infrastructure, performs fundamental and applied AI research, and deploy AI-centric industry solutions across different industries.
Their mission to build the largest cloud in the UAE and to offer Artificial Intelligence capabilities in Data, Cloud, Oil & Gas, Security, Intelligence and defense.
The Subsidiary is a leading AI company focused on Smart Government programs, public safety, economic planning, and national happiness. They strive at actionable intelligence for safer and smarter cities across these product offerings: data science, data management, intelligence, advisory services.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be part of our core engineering team who is building one of the largest Big Data analytics systems in the world. Writing code to process billions of data records daily from heterogeneous sources. A critical thinker, you will apply your software engineering skills to solve real life Big Data problems.
Who you are:
• You deploy ETL solutions to work on clusters with hundreds of nodes, storing petabytes of data.
• You are a Team-Player, collaborating with Product Managers, Architects and Software Engineers to research, design and improve core Big Data analytics functionalities along with implementing features in the area of ingestion, enrichment, search, and analytics.
• You participate in all phases of the development process analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation in Agile development lifecycles.
• You are detailed, maintaining technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
• You are a promoter of best practices. striving for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs, and application execution.
• You favor automation over repetition.
• You transform ambiguity into clarity.
• You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations and spans numerous cultures.
• You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible and consistent manner.
• You understand the importance of effective communication within culturally diverse work teams immersed in a multinational company.
What you ll need:
• Bachelor s Degree or higher with a Minimum of 7 years of experience working on Big Data technologies; Master s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience are preferred.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software engineering best practices.
• Extensive experience in PYTHON, JAVA and Spring.
• Extensive experience designing and developing Microservices / Microservices architecture.
• Experience with Neo4j, MongoDB and PostgreSQL.
• Experience with the TDD methodology and Java testing frameworks such as Junit and Mockito.
• Experience with Big Data solutions such as Elastic, Hadoop, HBase, and Kafka.
• Experience with Git as a version control system.
• At least 5 years of experience working using an Agile, Scrum based, development process.
Bonus If you have:
• Experience with a Cloud stack.
• Telecom and/or government data management experience
What makes us unique:
• We operate our own data centers with extensive private cloud infrastructure.
• We have nearly limitless compute, storage and network resources.
• Extensive Big Data and HPC infrastructure leveraging Hadoop, Slurm and Spectrum.
• Our AI Infrastructure is provided by the latest NVIDIA GPU Cloud computing platform.
If this role resonates with you, please apply and I will be in touch with you.