The Lead Planner is responsible for the project schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System. This includes development, maintenance, monitoring, controlling and integration of the EPC schedule(s) including putting in place an overall progress measurement system, including verification and reporting.
Key Result Areas:
• Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the Project PMT.
• Reviews Contractor(s) project control procedures (home office and field control procedures) to ensure that project requirements are met.
• Ensures that the schedule control and progress procedures are executed by the Contractor(s) to monitor its schedule control activities and progress reporting.
• Coordinates, monitors, and assesses Contractor(s) efforts in development of the Contract Master Schedule (CMS) and the Progress Measurement System.
• Advises the EPC Contractor's organization with respect to adequacy of project controls tools, reports and schedules.
• Reviews Contractors schedules submitted with their bids. Verifies bidders schedules for logical links, durations and overall achievability
• Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
• Advises Business Head, Manager and project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends. Assists Business Head in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented.
• Supports PMT in cost estimation and control activities prior to EPC contract award.
• Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management (or equivalent), or relevant experience.
• Experience working on major offshore development projects is essential (>$1BN)
• At least Fifteen (15) years experience in project scheduling and controls for EPC oil and gas facilities capital projects / operating companies.
• At least Ten (10) years field scheduling experience on Major projects (>$1BN)
• Some experience in cost estimating & control
• Good written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills, ability to work with others.
• Proficient in the use of PRIMAVERA (P6) / MS PROJECT planning software, Excel and Power Point.
• Good Computer skills.
• Willing to relocate to required project site.