JOB DESCRIPTION PRINCIPAL SAFETY ENGINEER PURPOSE & SCOPE:
• This position requires experience in Front End Engineering Design of Oil & Gas facilities; mainly involving Upstream, Midstream, Gas Processing, Petroleum Refineries etc.
• The role involves in-depth knowledge of conceptual HSE design, for Offshore as well as Onshore, oil / gas production, processing and transportation facilities.
• The role also includes initiating and guiding in-house development activities involving guidelines / procedures to strengthen discipline capabilities and undertaking troubleshooting activities during various phases of project. Principal HSE Engineers shall be responsible for producing / reviewing various Loss prevention and HSE Deliverables (such as HSE Philosophies, HSE Plan, Fire & Gas system design, fire protection system design, safety studies etc.)
• Produced in house or by external agencies for the Projects / Enquiries. During tendering stage, responsible for the review of enquiry documentation and the Scope of Work, perform pre-bid engineering, estimate man-hours and thus provide required inputs for bid preparation.
• After award of Project, works as Principal HSE Engineer with complete responsibility for correctness and accuracy of the Safety Deliverables issued on the Project.
• This responsibility also includes guiding / training a team of HSE Engineers as required and close coordination with other engineering disciplines and client's project team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reports to Head of Discipline / Engineering Manager (Process & Safety) and works under his overall supervision.
• Assumes responsibility as Lead HSE Engineer for the project and capable of producing deliverables with minimum assistance / supervision.
• Responsible for producing HSE deliverables such as Hazardous Area Schedule, Fire & Gas Detection Study including Detector's Layout, performing Firewater Hydraulics , sizing Fire Water Pump and Deluge System, preparing detailed P&IDs for fire protection system, preparing data sheets for firewater pumps, deluge valves, sprinkler nozzles, foam system and other miscellaneous fire protection equipment.
• Develop the scope of works for the specialised studies performed by external agencies and participate in evaluation of the offers and final award.
• Interface with other disciplines and the client on critical issues till resolution.
• Work for Estimation of resources for Project / Enquiries.
• Supervise / guide and train the Engineers as required.
• The responsibility shall also include coordination with client, HSE Consultant( who are assigned to perform specialised studies), other discipline engineers and Project team
• Perform Flare Radiation and Dispersion Analysis as required
• Prepare/ review Safety Equipment Layout and Escape route layout.
• Participate in HAZOP, HAZID and other safety studies.
• Provides input for the development of the Planning Package and project progress reporting.
• Develop Spread Sheets; programme to simplify computational works.
• Should be familiar with current HSE practices and should have hand-on experience with the software FRED, DNV PHAST PROFESSIONAL, PIPENET etc. used for Consequence Analysis and firewater hydraulics respectively
• Degree in Chemical Engineering or Equivalent from a reputed institute
• Minimum of 15 years' experience as HSE Design Engineer in Oil and Gas industry, out of which minimum 6 years should be in LDE role
• Knowledge of relevant codes and practices such
• Has excellent skill of report writing and possess brilliant communication skill
• Good interpersonal relationship.
• Proven supervisory track record
• Planning & organising skills
• Influencing skills.
• Thorough understanding of Engineering discipline work procedure.
• Knowledge of Engineering software and Design Codes.
• Should be familiar with routine safety study/reviews like QRA, FRA, EERA, HSEIA, HAZOP, HAZID, SIL, and SIMOPS etc.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good technical knowledge and skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Good optimization skills.