Our client, a manufacturing company, is urgently looking for an In House Corporate / Commercial Lawyer to be based in Sharjah. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Providing legal advice on all disputes submitted against the company and legal strategy on the best way to resolve a claim.
• Negotiating settlements.
• Managing external lawyers.
• Assessing the legal risks of a claim.
• Assisting the team with general legal matters (HR, employment, contracts)
• Maintaining relationships with external counsel, legal consultants and stakeholders
• Managing, and communicate daily with the Head of Legal on matters related to the legal aspects of the day-to-day operations;
• Providing corporate governance and legal compliance advice and secretarial services to the Head of Legal and develop and support the implementation of good corporate governance policies, procedures and bylaws;
• Monitoring and advising on existing, new and amended legislation that affects or will or may affect the institution;
• Building and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with all staff acting at all times in a collegiate and inclusive manner and disseminate legal knowledge and communications;
• Identifying and apply legal best practice and create and continually improve internal systems with a focus on its future needs and any actual or proposed change in legislation;
• Highlighting to the Head of Legal and mitigate actual and potential risk exposure to the institution Carry out all forms of legal due diligence relating to all of the business, corporate, commercial, construction and project activities of the institution;
• Carrying out any other legal and administrative tasks as requested by the Head of Legal;
• Preparing and present legal training material for internal consumption within the team and know-how development.
• Must have a law degree from a recognized university, Postgraduate Degree, (Master of laws or higher) or postgraduate qualification in one aspect of UAE commercial law preferred.
• Must have UAE experience of at least 5 years
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of corporate commercial experience gained in a large law firm and in-house with major firm and experience manufacturing law is a plus
• Excellent command of English; due to the nature of the role, fluency in the Arabic language is a must.
• Ideally, speak and write Arabic fluently
• Knowledge of conducting business, legal framework and all other relevant Federal and local laws of the UAE
• Knowledge of governance principles within the governmental environment of Sharjah.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who meet the above requirements may email their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org