• Drafting legal documents (i.e. White Label Agreements, NDAs, SPAs, Appendixes/Addendums, Authorization/Confirmation letters); as well as reviewing/amending legal documents (i.e. Service/PSP/Liquidity Providers/Lease/Client Account Agreements).
• Conducted Legal Research and provided legal opinion on a wide range of issues including: requirements for establishing presence in other jurisdictions, Best Execution and Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation (MIFIR) reporting obligations, market abuse.
• Reviewing, amending, drafting policies & procedures, such as the IOM, LP Selection Procedure, Market Abuse Procedure, Best Execution Monitoring Procedure and Order Execution Policy. In addition, involved in the review and approval of marketing/promotional material.
• Preparation of training material and subsequent training of employees on relevant issues, such as Market Abuse.
• Liaising, on a periodic and ad hoc basis, with external advisors to clarify complex issues (e.g. offshore liquidation proceedings, tax requirements), third parties (e.g. business counterparties), public authorities (e.g. embassies for notarization requirements).
• 4-6 years of experience
• Corporate/commercial background, financial experience is a plus
• Fluency in English and Arabic