What You'll Do
Always wanted to be part of a global smart legal team continuously on the edge of enabling technological innovation?
We are looking for a committed, creative, entrepreneurial Legal Counsel to join us as a trusted legal advisor supporting Cisco's Enterprise business mainly in the Middle East.
Your Role and Responsibilities will include:
• Drafting and negotiating agreements (eg. sales agreements, pricing letters, non-disclosure agreements, software licensing cloud agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, IP and DP agreements and services agreements) in line with Cisco s business strategy, policies and practices
• Responding to RFP/RFI/RFQs
• Helping structure sales transactions/agreements following legal risk assessment
• Consistently applying Cisco legal and business policies and practices to maintain the highest standards of corporate governance
• Engaging in cross-functional projects as a legal subject-matter expert
• Developing and delivering presentations/legal trainings
• Identifying and managing the flow of key information up to the management chain and business clients
Who You'll Work With
The EMEAR Legal team is a dynamic, international, smart and friendly team that combines a collaborative environment with the diverse projects and innovative technology of a global corporation. Cisco legal managers are open-minded and experienced they support independent, flexible work practices. The EMEAR Legal team promotes cultural differences and personal development based on trust and high ethical standards.
The Cisco EMEAR Legal team highly emphasizes collaboration and supports cross-functional activities and interests allowing for both professional and personal growth. Cisco also gives its employees the unique opportunity to participate in Giving Back projects contributing to Cisco s well-respected ethics of true sharing and caring. Your dedication matters!
The business clients trust the EMEAR Legal team to act as agents for positive change and to conduct business with transparency and integrity.
Who You Are
Your Minimum Qualifications we look for:
• At least 3-5 years of commercial and corporate law experience obtained at a top law firm, or multinational legal department
• Excellent written and oral skills in English are needed, fluency in Arabic will be considered a plus
• Willingness to travel as required by the business
Your Professional Experience:
• You have supported a multi-jurisdictional region in the Middle East
• You have handled competition and antitrust legal issues
• You are familiar with technology product sales go-to-market models, distribution agreements, resale agreements, and services sales
• You have knowledge of technology contract matters including intellectual property, software licensing, managed services, cloud agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, cloud, data protection, GDPR principles, and security
Your General Skills:
• You have excellent drafting skills including an eagle-eye for detail and a creative outlook
• Readiness to support and help finalize dynamic complex sales agreements against demanding deadlines and processes;
• You are an enabler with a can-do , dedicated, and flexible attitude guided by sound judgement
• You have a growth mindset
• You are able to demonstrate leadership and take ownership of work
• You are a teammate focused on developing relationships with both business clients and global team members
• You are able to concisely and persuasively express and convey ideas both in writing and verbally
• You bring well-developed organizational skills for smooth simultaneous management of multiple projects
• You know how to operate expertly in a highly-automated environment heavily dependent on e-enabled tools and communications systems
• You have an open, ethical mind and a sense of humor
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we re old (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do you can t put us in a box!
But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
Cisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis.