The Legal Counsel provides advice and support all Company business units on a variety of corporate/commercial, corporate governance, regulatory, compliance and intellectual property matters.
• Reporting to the Executive Director, the Legal Counsel will:
• Provide contractual advice to the relevant sales, procurement and technology teams.
• Draft, review and negotiate various commercial and technology agreements including consulting agreements, technology licenses and staff supply agreements.
• Provide legal advice to all business units on the risk profile of various corporate-commercial transactions and technology-related projects and products.
• Promote compliance with local and international laws and regulations by developing and delivering employee trainings and assisting with the implementation of Company's compliance program.
• Ensure that all legal documents and correspondence are appropriately stored in the Legal Department's document management system.
• This role provides an excellent mix of autonomy, responsibility and support as well as progression opportunities.
• Law degree from a recognized university.
• 3-7 years' PQE dealing with complex commercial, M&A, Private Equity and international technology related contracts.
• Articling or foundational legal experience at a leading law firm or corporate legal department is a requirement.
• Ability to build relationships with multi-national teams, and a genuine interest in sharing skills and experience with legal and non-legal business colleagues.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced corporate environment, and a genuine interest in technology and cyber-security products and services.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English, both orally and in writing.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are bilingual (Arabic/English), but this is not an essential requirement for this position.
Key Success Factors:
• Excellent analytical skills, good judgment, organizational skills and high attention to detail.
• Client-service oriented, including strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Proactive and positive team player.
• Capacity to manage many files simultaneously, work well under pressure and exercise initiative.
• Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities, whilst working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Capacity to occasionally accommodate a flexible schedule.