Company: shipbuilding and repairing services provider
Conract: permanent /staff based in Dubai
Reviewing commercial agreements, taking down minutes of meetings, and assisting with shipping corporate, competition, employment, regulatory, environmental, property, insurance and other ad-hoc legal matters, whether of a litigation or transactional nature.
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
• Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
• Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
• Assist in the development of the department budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed.
Day- to-day operations:
• Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and or litigation matters.
• Attending board meetings and taking down minutes.-(where requested).
• Participating in conference calls and note taking.
• Assisting on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
• Notarizations of Power of Attorney Legal Translations and any other documents.
• Drafting Board Resolutions.
• Review insurance related documents, claims procedures, tender documents.
• Assist in carrying out research on various legal issues.
• Assist in providing regular updates on litigation related matters.
• Assist in maintaining and updating legal policies and procedures.
• Providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
• Ensuring work is carried out in a collegiate atmosphere with a focus on empowerment and upselling.
• Knowledge and experience of shipping /oil and gas law.
• Experience in a similar position in a reputable shipyard or shipping company or in private practice.
• Familiar with technical terms related to the shipping and oil and gas industries.
• Project Management and Contract negotiation skills.
• Graduate degree in law in any jurisdiction.
• Post graduate degree in law in any jurisdiction.
• Admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
• Qualified in a common law jurisdiction (England and Wales preferred)
• Minimum of one year legal work experience preferred.
• 3 years legal work experience.