We provide B2B digital lending solutions for emerging markets in partnership with mobile and digital wallet operators and financial service providers. We supports 24 operations in 23 countries, across Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Our headquarters are in Kenya, but we have a global, diverse team in over 6 countries.
Our flagship products are Advance Credit Services (ACS) and Nano: ACS is an airtime or data advance offered to prepaid mobile subscribers at the point of low credit. Nano is a micro cash advance offered to mobile wallet users on demand.
We re looking for a legal counsel who will be responsible for safeguarding our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines, you will be responsible for giving legal advice to management about all relevant legal matters!
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (commercial agreements/documents, company secretary, labor law, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
• Drafting, reviewing and amending agreements and other legal documents in a wide range of legal areas in relation to the company s global business operations
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, etc.)
• Provide cross-border legal advice to the holding company and its subsidiaries on complex operational matters affecting the company aimed at identifying potential risks, mitigation measures to avoid/reduce disputes and losses and provide legal interpretation of contracts, laws, regulations and policies
• Update the holding company and its subsidiaries on the latest legal and regulatory developments as well as best practice in the various jurisdictions of operation
• Responsible for managing all legal and compliance matters to ensure the achievement of commercial objectives while minimizing risks.
• Formulate and oversee the implementation of legal and corporate governance policies
• Analyze and evaluate regulatory, statutory and any other requirements that have an impact on the business
• Managing the Intellectual Property owned by the holding company and its subsidiaries; as well as advising on efficient strategy of managing and commercializing the Intellectual Property
• Providing innovative solutions to the business on legal challenges faced during implementation of Company products and services in the various jurisdictions of operation.
What we are looking for:
• A Bachelor of Laws university degree in law from an accredited institution. A Master s Degree will be an added advantage
• An advocate with a valid practicing certificate
• A minimum of 4 years post admission work experience
• Broad exposure and relevant experience in legal practice in corporate and commercial law, preferably in a corporate entity or law firm
• Experience in the IT industry and financial services will be an added advantage
• Experience in cross-border transactions will be an added advantage
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Outstanding communication skills
• Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
• Flexible self- starter who thrives in a fast paced and evolving environment
• International experience preferred
Sound like you? Apply now!