We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East L.L.C.
This is an opportunity for you to be responsible for and provide advice and general legal support to business units regarding various national and international laws and regulations for the region.
Your main duties will be to:-
- Provide support to the tendering team through reviewing draft contracts and other tender documents, Development and improvement of standard contract templates.
- Working on corporate group restructure (i.e., share transfers, incorporation), in collaboration with the legal department of the head office, General corporate and governance work, for example, drafting notices of meetings, minutes of meetings and resolutions, Follow-up of litigation files, Follow up of ethical induction for all relevant personnel and organize timing for new inductions and for reminders, Supporting development and implementation of digital legal tools: document database such as SharePoint, electronic document management system implementation etc.
- Handling and processing due diligence questionnaires from clients, and conducting due diligence on business partners/subcontractors, Support to project managers for the management of claims during project execution.
- Work in cooperation with external counsel and other lawyers in the group on traversal actions.
- Conducting training on all areas of legal & compliance policies & Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reporting on legal, insurance & compliance matters monthly & more frequently as necessary.