The Lifeguard is responsible for the day to day safety & operation of the swimming pool areas and to assist in the fitness activities and general attendant duties in the Recreation areas. This includes the safety, cleanliness and maintenance duties and activities performed in and around the Health Club. Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- To prevent accidents by ensuring all hazards are eliminated, and swimming pool users are informed of safety precautions.
- To perform rescues if swimmers get into difficulty while swimming.
- To perform First Aid when needed.
- To ensure that the cleanliness of the pool and common area is in line with applicable hotel standards and procedures and the rules of safety and hygiene.
- Make decisions at the guest contact point to delight the guest without forgoing safety.
- To be responsible even if he is not directly under his daily tasks as regards the quality of the pool water / has the obligation to verify water PH and Chlorine levels, minimum twice daily, record values and to report to the Supervisor/Manager if these levels are not as should be (PH= 7.0 - 7.5 / CL= 1.0 - 3.0).
- To assist in maintaining the pool in impeccable cleaning conditions with minor work such as removal of small floating objects which might have fallen during the day.
- A mandatory presence at the pool during operational hours (1 hour provided for meal). Moreover, If and when the lifeguard needs to leave his work area he should always ensure that the pool remains under the permanent supervision of qualified and/or authorised personnel.
- Inform the Supervisor/Manager if there is any need of moving out from the swimming pool operations.
- To keep all equipment clean, tidy and well maintained including proper and secure storage.
- To report any damaged or missing items within swimming pool areas to the Supervisor/Manager for action and follow up.
- To hand over all Lost and Found Items with full detailed information to the Housekeeping/Security departments in line with the hotel policy / maintain the records.
- To attend to guests requests courteously and promptly in the course of duty.
- To interact with guests to ensure that their needs are anticipated and met, ensuring that they enjoy their stay by being offered the finest personal service.
- To escort the guests rather than pointing out directions.
- To respect the privacy of the guests using the pool facilities and the confidentiality of information.
- To report any guest comment or complaint.
- Ensures that guest amenities in the pool areas are complete and up to standards.
- Handles hotel equipment and supplies with due care.
- Responsible for the set-up and cleanliness of the pool loungers / umbrellas.
- Contributes the hotel's commitments to saving energy, recycling and sorting waste. Customer
- To maintain a high customer guest service focus.
- Constantly strive to increase guest satisfaction through quality, creativity, range and value for money available throughout the property.
- To handle any guest complaints, requests and inquiries in a timely, efficient and friendly manner and refer to the Supervisor/Manager where necessary.
- Provide consistent high standards of customer service by greeting and assisting customers,
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean swimming pool and leisure environment.
- Ensure all complaints are dealt with promptly and efficiently and in confidence, initiating corrective actions if required.
- Ensure all customer feedback (guest questionnaires, verbal comments, emails, etc.) is communicated through the appropriate channels. People
- To keep excellent relationships with team, peers, and all other colleagues of the hotel.
- To report training needs to supervisor/manager.
- To attend and actively participate in training sessions.
- To ensure punctuality, excellent grooming and hygiene for self.
- To keep courteous, professional relationships with suppliers, colleagues from competition, and from other Rove properties.
- To assist in the training of the team members within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of services are maintained as stated in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To ensure smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- To be fully aware of current and future services offered by the hotel and to make suggestions for improvement, expansion or creation of new services.
- To maintain accurate records related to the operation.
- To maintain a high morale within the department.
- To attend departmental meetings and daily briefings.
Minimum Qualifications :
Recognized lifeguard certification / First Aid / AED
Typical Experience: Swimming skills, people skills.