Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide tier-3 expert technical O&M support and administration of 24*7*365 always available production environment;
- Provide expert knowledge in designated Cloud technological domain;
- Adhere to production support processes, identify opportunities that can improve the efficiency of operations;
- Collaborate with vendor operational and maintenance teams;
- Mentor and train other team members;
- Contribute to the internal knowledge base.
- Expert level experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, facilitating high-level engineering;
- Understanding of distributed storage systems such as CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS, and protocols FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, etc.;
- Knowledge of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and deep understanding of TCP/IP stack;
- Strong development experience with shell, Python, etc.;
- Comfortable with Kubernetes, Docker, and monitoring tools;
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, or Ansible;
- Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations, and troubleshooting would be beneficial.
- Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as a Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment;
- Ability to learn new technology in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented, customer-centric mindset;
Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field.