LPP Global Legal Consultancy, a growing national boutique and Legal Consultancy Firm seeks an experienced Attorney to work with Litigation team. Do you love tackling big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you ll help uphold high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our clients. You ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Together with your team, you ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for LPP Global clients and businesses.
• Conduct an initial case investigation and try to find out if the available evidence is enough to file a strong suit.
• Review details about the case and come up with a strategy on how to handle the case.
• Advice between settling the case out of court and letting it go to trial, depending on the specifics of the case.
• Assess any evidence that they can use to defend client.
• Locating witnesses and taking their statements, interviewing the client.
• Collecting documents and establishing the facts of the situation that led to the dispute.
• Engage with the other party and attempt to settle the matter without the need to file a lawsuit.
• Conversant with the process and are aware of all the documents that are required like Affidavits, Complaints, Defenses, Discovery, Further and better particulars, Interrogatories
• Responsibility to draft pre-trial motions, such as the motion to change the venue of trial or the motion to dismiss a piece of evidence.
• Need to wrap up the discovery phase and conduct some pre-trial activities to prepare for appearance in court.
• Draft post-trial motions, identify grounds for the appeal, collect evidence for the appellate record, come up with strategies for the appeal, draft documents for the appeal and present your appeal before the appellate court.
• Handling a diverse docket of litigation matters (state and federal) dealing mostly with Healthcare, Commercial, Real Estate and Personal Injury Litigation.
• Conducting legal research and preparing detailed memorandum
• Assisting in the preparation of discovery responses and discovery demands
• Assisting in the representation of clients in depositions, before state licensing Boards, and hearings
• Coordinating with clients and experts
• Preparing for and conducting/ defending depositions
• Making appearances to argue motions, attend conferences, participate in mediation.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
• 5 years experience
• Ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements
• Ability to distill complex legal concepts into practical legal guidance for non-lawyers
• Preferably, experience with products, consumer law, or product liability litigation, as well advising on intellectual property issues
• Ability to advise executive management, and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple wide-ranging matters, inquiries, and requests, supporting multiple cross-functional teams
• Ability to see beyond the detailed question asked to the larger issues and future implications
• Excellent knowledge regarding Litigation procedures and law
• Strong code of ethics, a dedication to justice and a compassion for their clients.
• Good negotiation and arguing power
• Strong communication skills
• Good writing skills
• Good observation and analytical abilities
• Good decision making skills
• Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with client