Purpose & Accountabilities :
Commercial LNG Operations provides commercial, logistical and administrative support to Shell Trading and is as such responsible on a day to day basis for the timely implementation and execution of freight and commercial transactions to ensure that all obligations arising from the LNG contract and charter party are met and carried out professionally. They work closely with traders to maximize the value-add through the application of economics and optimization skills for profitable operations and minimize the profit leakage from the flexibility and optionality embedded in the LNG contracts and Supply programs. Trading operations are also involved in the development of projects and new contracts.
The LNG Operations team is responsible on a day to day basis be able to operate LNG ships under SLMT responsibility working closely with the chartering team. In addition to freight operations this incumbent will also be expected to gain necessary experience to implement and execute commercial deals.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Ensure that LNG Operations fully complies with Shell's internal standards incl. compliance and HSSE, paying special attention to HSSE hazards and risks that may have impact on vessels voyage or port operation.
• Ensure that all obligations arising from the charter parties are carried out, and that any necessary requirements are complied with.
• Promote good relationships with Owner/Masters to continuously monitor and improve operational efficiency.
• Collaborate with MTA to establish and maintain relationships with Ports and Terminals to ensure issues are successfully resolved
• Manage internal stakeholders e.g. Traders, Optimizer Traders, Finance, STASCO Shipping and Global Operations Commercial Services.
• Manage relationships with external stakeholders, counter-parties and service providers, regulatory bodies, ship owners and agents
• Understand commercial impacts of marine technical actions making sure communications with the business are happening with correct information flow to aid Trading decisions
• Ensure that all operational information is entered into Trading systems.
• Liaise with counterparts to ensure smooth operations, avoid delays and minimize demurrage costs.
• Efficiently manage the trade-offs between bunker consumption, boil-off and vessel speed (heel management) instructing the vessel's Master accordingly.
• Arrange Bunkers and OPL activities as required by the vessel
• Devise optimal voyage plans working with the vessel and commercial colleagues.
• Provide guidance and perform the necessary freight invoicing work as well as follow-up with diversion payments and clearances of accruals for both external and internal deals.
• Be fluent and coach team on all freight pricing issues and accrual clearances.
• Close out the charter parties accounting for all costs, including TCP claims and obtain sign-off from Chartering.
• Pro-actively close out operational related disputes, including COU issues, with external and internal counterparts or support and guide less experienced team members where necessary.
• Thinking on one's feet to deal with any marine problems ensuring that they are managed professionally and optimally for the trading business.
• Develop commercial acumen on the workability of proposed marine arrangements for new projects, new contracts and spot cargoes
• Participate and contribute to projects e.g Continuous Improvement projects, Operational Excellence projects.
• Coach and support team members in Operations and SLMT organizations.
• Act with personal integrity, be guided by personal values and beliefs
• Curious, eager to learn and express own view with humility
• Resilient under pressure
• Manage own well being
• Seek out information about business direction
• Embrace and Adapt to change
• Make timely decisions based on sufficient information
• Unreservedly commit to acting safely and ethically
• Mindful of impact of own behavior on Shell's reputation
• Establish strong trust-based working relationships with individual stakeholders
• Listen to and understand customer needs and perspectives
• Adapt to different cultural differences
• Deploy a range of communication and influencing styles
• Take personal accountability to ensure timely delivery of commitments
• Understand how Shell generates value and makes money
• Identify and implement solutions to achieve continuous improvement
• Provide feedback and coaching to peers
• Empower the team to act and to speak their mind
• Reward success, hold honest performance conversations and intervene quickly to apply consequences of non delivery
• Structure work allocation to provide development opportunities
• Passionately invest in coaching to enhance others' performance and capability in future roles
• Ruthlessly eliminate complexity and waste
City, State (if applicable):