Louis Berger Services is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill Fuel Distribution System Operator positions in Kuwait to support the US Army on the LOGCAP V project.
Under the daily supervision of the Lead Fuels Distribution System Operator with assistance as needed from the Fuel Manager. Responsible for safe and timely set-up, monitoring and transfer of fuel movements during a specific shift assignment. Ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to a safe and efficient operation.
• Perform receipt, issue, storage, spill cleanup, maintenance scheduling, hazardous waste, and fuel quality assurance operations
• Perform the full spectrum of quality assurance sampling and testing as may be required, to include weekend and holiday fuel support to meet MIL-STD- 3004 and ASTM D-1655, latest revision
• Sample petroleum handling equipment and systems by various methods and means, from receipt to product issue
• Perform operation, maintenance, and calibration of lab equipment, recordkeeping, and lab safety procedures
• Inspect, evaluate condition of, and maintain fuel storage tanks, pipelines, piping systems, product pump, filter, meter, gauge, and flow control mechanisms, and other petroleum system components
• Detect system malfunction/misalignment/leaks/adjustment issues, and perform scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance
• Remove, repair, and replace system components
• Complete all assignments directed by Management in a safe, efficient and timely manner as required by Company rules and regulations and all Federal, State and local laws.
• Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, notwithstanding work in other functional areas to cover absences and relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
• Have practical experience in operation of bulk fuel distribution systems and pipeline operations
• Experienced in use of common fuel sampling equipment, aviation and ground fuel sampling procedures, and conducting laboratory tests of petroleum products
• Trained in applicable regulations regarding petroleum handling equipment and systems
• Have a knowledge of automated tank gauging systems, high/low level alarms, and cathodic protection systems
• High School Diploma/GED
• Valid State Driver's License
• Proficiency of the English language both written and verbal
· Must be able to pass the required background checks for the position through the military and civilian systems.
· The ability to obtain a government Common Access Card (CAC).