Our Client is an Agro based company looking towards hiring for a Logistics Officer f or their Dubai office
Division/Department: Supply Chain Department
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Exp. Required in Years: 1 to 2 of experience in Supply Chain Management
• Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration
• 1 to 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management
• Arabic and English Language Proficiency, French is a plus
• Microsoft Office Proficiency
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Good Time Management
• Strong Team Player
Duties and responsibilities
• Obtain the Proforma invoice (PI) and purchase order (PO) to be sent to supplier.
• Prepare PI to be sent to our local Subsidiary in Africa to issue the Import Permit or Form M.
• Coordinate with the finance department in Nigeria on the type of payment that will be made in case Bills of Collection or Letter of Credit.
• Handle LC Import preparation with the concerned bank and share it with the supplier for confirmation before sending the signed original application to our bank.
• Place the shipment with the shipping line chosen by the head of Shipping Department in coordination with the supplier.
• Follow up with the supplier on the documentation process to be confirmed before sending the original (commercial invoice, packing list, COA, COO, Manufacturer, Bill of Lading, CRIA...).
• Prepare all the documents that will be sent to our subsidiaries in Africa (Final Invoice, Packing List, CCVO, COA, B/L ) and fill the requested data on Dolphin System and send a scanned copy to the Shipping department in Africa to start the clearing process and issue the related document (PAAR ).
• Provide the accounting department with the requested documents (commercial invoice, bill of lading, final invoice and credit note if available) mentioning the payment term with the supplier and Africa.
• Coordinate with insurance companies and confirm that all orders are properly insured.
• Insure to receive the AWB number of the original documents sent from the supplier for tracking (commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of analysis, manufacturer certificate, CRIA, COC and BL .)
• Review the set of documents sent by the supplier and prepare the covering letter before sending them to Africa through Bank or DHL. Job Description Form
• Send original documents and provide the concerned employees in each subsidiary with the AWB for tracking and proceed with the clearing process.
• Coordinate with the graphic design department to prepare the product art work (package/label) and then send them to the supplier before initiating production.
• Review the art work sent by supplier to check the accuracy of all the details mentioned on the package.
• Update all the data (Form M, BA number, payment due date, bank details) on the system.
• Follow up with accounting department regarding payments and transfer done to the supplier.
• Organize and maintain hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment.
To learn more about the role, email resume to email@example.com