Logistics Systems & Solutions Lead
Our client is a leading GCC Express Parcel logistics company and they seek an experienced Senior Logistics Systems & Solutions Specialist to lead the design and implementation of new logistics management and operations systems. The role will focus on alignment of the LMS, WMS, TMS & IVMS system-related processes across the company s distribution, warehousing, transport and network operations.
The successful candidate will lead seamless implementation of technology within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality across all key systems using best-practice Project Delivery methods.
The Logistics Systems Lead serves as the liaison between Operations, IS / IT and vendors to oversee and manage the design and implementation of leading logistics systems and tools into company, ensuring clear communication/alignment between the teams.
The role will be key to defining and executing the delivery / introduction of WMS, LMS, TMS and IVMS technology solutions for new or existing operations and clients based on defined business processes and functional requirements.
• Provide strong project management and organizational leadership liaise with people at all levels of the organization.
Manage and support Integration and implementation of new network and operations technology systems including:
o Last mile route management and delivery systems (LMS)
o Warehouse management system (WMS)
o Transport management systems & in-vehicle telematics (TMS)
o Other key systems that interface with wider ICT eco-system - i.e. ERP / CRM
• Prepare process maps and flows for operational process for all systems and manage with IT & Systems Stream, Vendors and internal stakeholders the system process requirements for successful implementation
• Develop SOP manuals for all systems
• Plan, prepare and manage all User Acceptance testing (UAT) and Pilot testing processes.
• Design and manage the implementation calendar, user training and rollout phases in sequence with vendors, IT & Systems and Operations.
• Provide subject matter expertise in development of system requirements and Concept of Operations.
• Participate in integration meetings with all stakeholders and internal / external project groups to determine and refine system requirements and specifications relative to integration mapping and product configuration.
• Translate business requirements into system requirements, technical specifications and logical data mappings for integration.
• Partner with ops/engineering to translate Concept of Operations into solution configuration.
• Document applicable Functional Requirement Specification as necessary for enhancements to core products to meet scope of proposed solution.
• Work with IS and Vendors to Configure applications based on solution design and Concept of Operations.
• Assist in the development of test plans, data and cycles to ensure that all requirements identified in the requirements gathering phase will be validated.
• Supports and trains all end users utilizing WMS, LMS and TMS systems.
• Ensures a clear and consistent implementation and UAT approach is in place to manage risk and execution schedule.
• Assist in End User Training and Documentation.
• Assist in all onboarding activities including system integrations (both external and internal).
• Communicate with vendors/internal stakeholders regarding budgetary costing and other issues.
• Make recommendations on system enhancements; including working with vendors to achieve better system ROI including but not limited to management of subscription fees, licensing fees, software enhancements, updated or better configurations, system workarounds, etc.
• Participate in on-site implementation and client interaction to ensure delivery of business requirements.
• Ensure that information recorded in both electronic and hard copy meets with internal and external audit standards.
• Ensure monitoring of progress of all system implementations against all projects is timely and accurate.
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Management
• 5+ years industry experience inclusive of a Warehouse Management System (WMS), Transportation Management System (TMS), Distributed Order Management (DOM). Last Mile Routing Systems (LMS) and/or Supply Chain Planning (SCP) systems.
• 5 years of industry experience in Project Management and/or System Deployment/Support Management.
• Competency in MS Office Suite.
• Competency in MS Access, MS Project, and VISIO flow chart software (or equivalent).
• Proven ability to define business requirements and operational efficiencies.
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
• Ability to juggle different projects / priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously without close supervision.
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent / applicable subject.
• Recognised formal project management qualification (PMP / Prince2 or equivalent).
• Intimate working knowledge and industry experience of WMS, TMS and LMS.
• Working knowledge of other cloud-based WMS / TMS platforms a plus.
• Working knowledge and industry experience with top and/or mid-tier Supply Chain systems and ERP Systems, such as Manhattan Associates, JDA, HighJump, Oracle, SAP, etc.
• Working Knowledge of Project Management / Productivity Applications.
If you possess the experience attitude skills, drive and experience required for this opportunity, please click below and upload your targeted CV.
For opportunities across our global office network we invite you to visit our website www.logisticsexecutive.com