Siren helps develop safe and secure societies where there is equal access to justice and freedom from fear. Specialising in civil policing transformation, security and justice programming, and broader public sector reform, we empower and build the capabilities of organisations to become more responsive to the needs of communities. We support our clients through the process of strategic change, combining an Organisation Development approach with advanced technology and customised solutions.
Committed to making a difference, we believe that the development of capabilities cannot be done for organisations - it must be done by and in effective partnership with them. As a result, our approach is collaborative, client-centered and holistic. We employ rigorous problem analysis and innovative interventions that are gender and conflict sensitive to drive sustainable change. Working in post-conflict and fragile states, we recognise the value of being flexible, adaptable and responsive to our clients changing needs.
Siren is an international non-profit organization with headquarters in Beirut and project offices in both Beirut and Jordan. For more information, see: www.sirenassociates.com
Setting up the system:
• Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
• Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
• Assist in the development the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
• With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
• Develop a plan for project-related capacity building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
• Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Check data quality with partners.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; Analyze and aggregate findings.
• Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
• Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for partners as required.
• Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
• Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager.