Technical Diploma with Minimum 5 years experience, Machinist training, experience working in machine shop / work shop. Preferably in seamless pipe industry for preparation of various test specimen required for Tensile test, Charpy Impact test, Hardness test, Spectro-chemical test specimen, NACE corrosion test specimen, collapse test specimen, good knowledge & hands on experience to operate machines like Lathe, Milling, Band saw, Surface grinder, Lapping machine, communication skills, computer literate.
• To operate the following machines in the lab work shop to prepare the Test Specimens from the sample, for Mechanical & Technological tests as per the procedure & work instructions. (Machines in work shop: - Lathe, Milling, Band saw, Surface grinder, Lapping machine, Drilling, Hydraulic press, pedestal grinder).
• To maintain the identification & traceability of samples & test specimen at all stages of machining preparation.
• To inform lab S.I. about any equipment or machining problem.
• Ensure safety of person & equipment
• Ensure proper functioning of work shop machines.
• To ensure availability of consumables, spares, & tools.