Purpose of the Job:
To maintain the monthly accounting records in accordance with local statutory accounting standards & Aggreko PLC and to ensure that adequate P&L and financial control standards are met.
• Liaise with bookkeepers to ensure reconciled books are held for both statutory, management and tax purposes performing monthly reconciliations between the two.
• Ensure the timely production of accurate management reporting required by local and AME management teams, in particular at month end.
• Provide AGMs and AMs with assistance, training, reports and analysis on finance and management accounts matters
• Ensure compliance with electronic record handling requirements in country.
• Manage completion of the monthly Balance Sheet file and ensure meeting the standards of Aggreko Balance Sheet Control Tool (ABSCT).
• Assist in the end to end planning process, including pre-budget, fleet review and annual budget cycles.
• Prepare accurate P&L forecasts in the required timeframes.
• Ensure production of weekly 'flash' revenue forecast by working closely with local area teams and delivered to AME timetable.
• Provide in-depth analysis as required on rates, utilisation, AME KPIs, customer profitability and costs as required by area management team.
• Monitor month end tasks and loading ERP data into Aggreko reporting tools and programs.
• Drive use of ABI and other business performance tools across the local business by producing new, informative reports that lead to tangible benefits for the local management teams.
• Liaise with advisors and prepare taxation calculations for the Egypt and Algeria businesses.
• Weekly review of sales pipeline, sales probability and Win/Loss analysis.
• Assist the Financial Controller in preparation for and conduct of balance sheet reviews, internal and statutory audits.
• Liaising with AME Central Team for Supplier Payments and other ad hoc requests required for Group Reporting
• Displays a commitment to Operational Excellence activities.
• Aggreko places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.
• Any other duties considered related essential for effective operations and service as requested.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or equivalent qualifications
• Recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CA) or equivalent qualification
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Finance role
• Availability to travel within MENA as and when required
• Office based job and requires light physical effort
• Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluent command of Arabic, French and English languages, spoken and written
• Ability to empathize and understand perspectives of others
• Analytical thinker and numerate
• Effective planning organizational and time management skills
• Experience in an ERP system is desired
• Excellent keyboard skills, computer literate and experienced in spreadsheet packages
• High level of commitment and loyalty
• Quality oriented with attention to details and capable of working to deadlines
• Capable of working on his/her own initiative
• Able to work long hours in demanding conditions
ALWAYS ORANGE - AGGREKO VALUES & BEHAVIOURS:
BE DYNAMIC : Using our entrepreneurial passion to deliver & making great things happen.
• Act like Owners
• Stay Nimble
• Love what we do
BE EXPERT: Using our blend of experience, expertise & planning to keep us ahead of the game.
• Love the Discipline
• Use our expertise
• Excel under pressure
BE TOGETHER: Asking the best of each other, harnessing our skills and diverse